Author Topic: Hey! New Edrum player here. Intro and request for help/advice :)  (Read 681 times)

Hey! New Edrum player here. Intro and request for help/advice :)
« on: February 15, 2021, 02:49:16 PM »
Hi Alesis drummer community!

My name is Abe and I’m genuinely happy to join you guys and excited for the journey ahead! I hope to get introduced and talk with you all in the coming days/weeks/months/years!  I just bought myself a DM10 Studio kit - second hand - and have no experience with EDrums other than playing around in the drum store once or twice over the years. 

The kit I bought is second hand and has not come without problems but I will post separately about that.  Please go and check out my other post if u you think you can help in any way.

So...a little about me...

I’m 36 and originally from Scotland although I now live in England and working in Construction.  I have played drums since I was 16 years old and have owned acoustic kits in the past (Rogers, premier and more recently Gretsch).  Pretty much snubbed EDrums - apart from the top end Roland stuff - my entire drumming career and never really considered them for my own use at all. 

With that said, I spent the past 3years without playing drums because circumstances did not allow me to setup and play drums where I lived.  However, I recently decided to buy a set of EDrums second hand so I could get back into drumming.  I work away from home all week and have space in my residence so finally made the decision and found the DM10.  :). Having now researched a bit about the DM10 I can see I made a good choice!

It’s taken a week for me to get round to setting things up but finally managed it and now having some teething problems (Calibration failed on startup 🙄 drums triggering without being hit 🙄 and different volumes between drum heads - other post to follow on relevant forum).  Hopefully you guys can guide me the best way to get through this and set things up how I like.  I’m totally new to EDrums and am pretty much overwhelmed by it all but im sure if I can get started I’m gonna love them as much as you guys do

That’s enough about me.  Here are the specs of the kit I just bought.  Heroes to edrum chat and good times.  Peace!

10” snare
8” toms (2 no.)
10” toms (2 no.)
8’ BD
10” Crash (2 no.)
14” Ride
10” HH

The heads have been replaced with Mesh heads and I think the previous owner also added a tom and replaced/upgraded a cymbal and/or a ride

Re: Hey! New Edrum player here. Intro and request for help/advice :)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 10:40:32 PM »
Hey Abe,
DM10 is a great kit, I guess you have already fixed the not calibrating message?
if not, it might well be a cable connected to the module but not plugged into a pad or cymbal, I would look for that first then unplug all and start from there, good luck