Author Topic: DM10 MKII Pro rack diameter and accessory  (Read 980 times)

Offline Joker47

DM10 MKII Pro rack diameter and accessory
« on: March 22, 2023, 01:54:51 PM »
Hey all.

I'm looking to replace my stock DM10 MKII rack with double bass Gibraltar rack. (Gibraltar GRS-850DBL Curved Double-Bass Rack)

I've done a search, and it sounds like the rack diameter's themselves are the same. (1.5" dia.)

But my question is, do all the Alesis clamps and cymbal posts also work with the Gibraltar rack? And visa-versa? I believe the Gibraltar comes with 4 clamps, and are those also interchangeable with the Alesis hardware?

Any input is always appreciated.

Regards,
J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou

Offline Chaser

Re: DM10 MKII Pro rack diameter and accessory
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 02:50:14 PM »
Hey all.

I'm looking to replace my stock DM10 MKII rack with double bass Gibraltar rack. (Gibraltar GRS-850DBL Curved Double-Bass Rack)

I've done a search, and it sounds like the rack diameter's themselves are the same. (1.5" dia.)

But my question is, do all the Alesis clamps and cymbal posts also work with the Gibraltar rack? And visa-versa? I believe the Gibraltar comes with 4 clamps, and are those also interchangeable with the Alesis hardware?

Any input is always appreciated.

Regards,
J

Gibraltar Tubing is thicker walled and better plating and is closest to 1.5".
Alesis is a little thinner and just under 1.5"
Gibraltar clamps will have no problems..the Alesis Hatched clamps will have no problem.
The older slide on type are a bit tight and you have to spread them a bit and use more force around the bends which may scar the tubing if its got some dust on it etc.
The most important thing about switching to Gibraltar is Gibraltar clamps the crossbars to the outside of the uprights so there is 1-1/2" per side difference (3" total from side to side)..Alesis(and others) the crossbar clamps to the inside of the uprights.
A 24" crossbar on Alesis rack gives you 24" + on the inside of the uprights..Gibraltar 24" will give you 21" on the inside of the uprights.
So be aware of that..
The Gibraltar GRS-850DBL looks like it is using (2) inline clamps because of the center upright (3 uprights) and the standard rack clamps for the ends. ..so you would lose 1-1/2" per section

EDIT:
Added Images
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 04:49:18 PM by Chaser »

Offline Joker47

Re: DM10 MKII Pro rack diameter and accessory
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 05:20:02 PM »
Thanks Chaser. As always, your answers are above and beyond.  :)

I don't believe I'll have any issues with the slightly shorter overall length. I was mostly concerned with the clamps and other hardware being able to be used with both. Sounds like I should be good to go, with a couple things to keep in mind.

Thanks again,
J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou