Author Topic: Strike Offline Editor?  (Read 756 times)

Strike Offline Editor?
« on: February 04, 2023, 02:27:58 AM »
Alesis official editor software requires that the strike be connected.

This is not a feature, it is handicap.

Has anyone worked out a way (or created software) to edit Strike kits and parameters by just manipulating the files on the SD card?
Does something like this exist?

I'd like to be able to work on kits at home at my desk. My drums are not at home. My little studio space is not really good for working at the computer. Disconnecting all the cables and bringing the module home is a pain (though i have done it).
It would be way better to just put the SD card in my pocket.

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Offline Editor?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 12:20:48 PM »
Alesis official editor software requires that the strike be connected.

This is not a feature, it is handicap.

Has anyone worked out a way (or created software) to edit Strike kits and parameters by just manipulating the files on the SD card?
Does something like this exist?

I'd like to be able to work on kits at home at my desk. My drums are not at home. My little studio space is not really good for working at the computer. Disconnecting all the cables and bringing the module home is a pain (though i have done it).
It would be way better to just put the SD card in my pocket.

The STRIKE Editor is Hardware dependent and requires both SD Cards be in the Module as the OS scans specific locations (like a computer looking for boot drive) so an offline Editor would be of no value if can't find/assign the proper location(s) when creating Kits or Instruments.
The STRIKE module creates "User" Kits (.skt) based on the internal Instrument location and the STRIKE Editor creates Kit(.skt) and Instrument files (.sin) also based on original Instrument or Sample location either Internal or External.
The internal wav samples are  write protected and Alesis or any manufacturer/developer isn't going to make copyrighted available to the public.
Many Vst developers samples are proprietary for this reason.
It is a shame the Editor wasn't programmed to have both an Online or Offline session and since the last update to the module is going on 4 years(Nov 2019) and the Editor Version 1.1.2..5 Years (January 2, 2018) I don't believe there will ever be one and Inmusic/Alesis has never released anything to Open Source.The Editor is also 32bit and Windows is moving away from 32bit like Apple.

COVID interfered/stalled a lot of development.Roland and Pearl modules....TD50 and Mimic Pro are also from the same time period as the STRIKE but they chose to extend the EOL which is typically around 5 years these days and released major updates for those Flagships so they'll get a few more years out of them.NAMM also changed from 2 shows a year to just one in June , which was why you didn't see the usual product releases for the Holidays for NAMM in January.
Inmusic acquired BFD and is releasing a BFD Player which is included with newer "Special Edition" versions of Alesis Kits.
There was an export for INFUZD but it was proprietary file system not wav.
I Highly doubt there is going to be a wav export option in BFD4 for use with the STRIKE module.
They would be inviting Piracy and distribution of all their work.
The only workaround I have found was using additional modules..just don't leave them plugged in.

STRIKE Module failure

EDIT:
Added Links
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 12:45:27 PM by Chaser »