Author Topic: Recording  (Read 974 times)

Recording
« on: January 21, 2023, 11:38:31 AM »
I have an Alesis Command Mesh Kit which can record me playing on the
command module. Can anyone advise how to extract the recording so I can
share it online. It has no cf card slot. Outputs are: USB MIDI, MIDI in/
out, Tom 4, Crash 2, outputs R & L/mono, Aux in, phones. There?s also a usb
port next to the mains connection on the module.

I?ve tried connecting a usb stick but keep getting an error message despite formatting it.

Also, it only records me playing, not the track I?m playing to it which is connected to the command module via the aux in input.

Thanks

Offline Chaser

Re: Recording
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 11:42:02 AM »
I have an Alesis Command Mesh Kit which can record me playing on the
command module. Can anyone advise how to extract the recording so I can
share it online. It has no cf card slot. Outputs are: USB MIDI, MIDI in/
out, Tom 4, Crash 2, outputs R & L/mono, Aux in, phones. There?s also a usb
port next to the mains connection on the module.

I?ve tried connecting a usb stick but keep getting an error message despite formatting it.

Welcome to the Forum !
The Title to your post is generic/Vague..you won't get much of a response as "Recording" covers multiple scenarios.
The USB Flash Drive must be connected otherwise the only other option for recording is the outputs and audio interface and external recording ..DAW/Software etc.
Did you format the USB Flash Drive in the module?.The Module auto Formats and places the correct folder structure on the drive.if it isn't a proper structure the OS won't be able to find the information/samples.
Also, it only records me playing, not the track I?m playing to it which is connected to the command module via the aux in input.
Thanks

If no USB Flash Drive is connected the module records only onboard MIDI and there are limitations...refer to the User Guide.

The Command module along with Crimson/II/DM10 MKII Studio,Forge are based on the Medeli DD650.
All of the modules are the same and use the same DB25 Harness.The difference is in the Firmware and hardware.
Example:Command supports a single zone Ride while the Crimson /II, Dm10 MKII Studio support a Triple Zone Ride.It will not matter if you try to use a single cable triple Zone Ride..the Command Firmware will remain single zone

How to record my USB mp3 song with drums on Crimson II

There are many topics for these modules use the Search in the upper left.

EDIT:
if you are using Windows and the Flash Drive is not being formatted correctly..this one works well

GUI Format FAT32
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 11:52:58 AM by Chaser »

Offline AlanK

Re: Recording
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 11:36:39 AM »
When I first had my DM10 module I would plug in a set of 1/4" cables to a stereo 3/8" (you can get adapter cables or use an adaptor with two 1/4" cables), plugged that into my computer line in (or mic, I forget).. and recorded with a DAW software (I use Ableton but there are free pkgs like Garage Band or Audacity etc.. drop the song you're playing to on another track (or record it, depends on your software). Line them up if necessary and done. For a while when I got used to Ableton Live I would import/drop my backing song on an audio track and then have it play while I recorded my drums on another track. Takes a while to sort out how it all works and I use a small mixer to be able to adjust the volumes of each so I can hear them blended nicely..well, I always have some issues with the dynamics being able to hear the song I play to as well as my drumming.. a click track would help.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers