Author Topic: Alesis DM10 MKII Pro - move crash cymbal #2 to horizontal bar  (Read 960 times)

Alesis DM10 MKII Pro - move crash cymbal #2 to horizontal bar
« on: January 26, 2023, 12:25:28 AM »
The crash cymbal #2 is mounted to the post all the way to the right and, for me, this is too far to the right & I would love to move the cymbal around 7" towards the ride cymbal.  Therefore, I need a clamp that mounts to the 1.5" horizontal cross bar & has a 7/8" diameter hole to accommodate the vertical cymbal post.  All the clamps for the toms & hi-hat have 3/4" diameter holes so the same clamp won't work for the crash.  Anyone else have & solve this problem?  I suppose I could buy a new 3/4" vertical cymbal arm but would like to reuse the existing 7/8".

Online AlanK

Re: Alesis DM10 MKII Pro - move crash cymbal #2 to horizontal bar
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 11:28:54 AM »
You might be able to reach where you want it by getting a replacement boom that has a longer arm.. or what I did for my ride, just use a real cymbal stand and put it wherever suits.. that's if you don't mind not having all cymbals on the rack. I wanted a more real look so I've got my ride on a real boom stand and three crashes are on the built in leg posts.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 09:23:16 PM »
The cymbal mounts on the uprights use 7/8"..there are no Alesis clamps available that size...but there are somecheap nylon ones on ebay..next option is you can upgrade to a Gibraltar clamp.
The size differences also caused confusion with the STRIKE Kits as the original STRIKE/Pro (both discontinued) used the uprights (7/8")..the STRIKE Pro SE uses clamps (3/4").
The last 8 kits released by Alesis use clamps for the cymbals..only the Command Mesh and DM10 MKII Pro remain that are still using the upright for cymbals and are Chrome.(older rack generation). The latest generation of racks are back to black.
If you ever need or want to change/upgrade the upright cymbal mounts Gibraltar has a couple styles for using uprights that support multiple sizes but you would need to punch out the pins in the current black ones in order to replace.

EDIT:
Added ebay link
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 09:38:21 PM by Chaser »

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 01:14:51 AM »
I bought a couple of those Gibraltar clamps and they are Excellent! Very solid!
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist