Author Topic: Can't get extra cymbal to trigger  (Read 1041 times)

Can't get extra cymbal to trigger
« on: February 16, 2023, 11:49:35 AM »
I'm new to the site, great site btw. Anyways I looked through previous threads and didn't find my answer.

I have a DM10 studio kit and I added an addition cymbal. I did this a couple of years ago with no issue. Well my son screwed with the setting so much I had to factory reset. Everything works good but this cymbal. It's a duel zone cymbal plugged into PERC 4 with just one cable. Am I missing a step in here?

I have plugged other known working cymbals into same port and still nothing.

Thanks in advance
Walt

Offline Chaser

Re: Can't get extra cymbal to trigger
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 01:52:37 PM »
I'm new to the site, great site btw. Anyways I looked through previous threads and didn't find my answer.

I have a DM10 studio kit and I added an addition cymbal. I did this a couple of years ago with no issue. Well my son screwed with the setting so much I had to factory reset. Everything works good but this cymbal. It's a duel zone cymbal plugged into PERC 4 with just one cable. Am I missing a step in here?

I have plugged other known working cymbals into same port and still nothing.

Thanks in advance
Walt

Welcome to the Forum !

Original DM10 module...Perc 2- 4 are dual zone ports that will support additional dual zone drum pads or single zone cymbal...
Perc 2- 4 do not support a dual zone cymbal (Piezo/Switch)...so you'll only get the Bow..
I pulled out an original DM10 module out and double checked with a STRIKE Dual Zone Cymbal and a 10" Single Zone w/choke and both worked (Bow Only) with TRS or TS cables so make sure you have PERC 4 (Input 12) set to TRIGGER.

Also..only the Crash and Ride ports have the choke feature which inputs 7 (Choke) and 11 usually get mixed up and you'll see a calibration error on startup.
After you get your trigger settings setup ..don't forget to back them up..it would have saved you all the time/hassle.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 02:16:05 PM by Chaser »