Author Topic: Millenium mps850 hi hat controller... variable/continuous? Compatible with DM10?  (Read 1452 times)

Hello

Does anyone know if the Millenium controller is variable/continuous rather than just a switch?  Also, how compatible is it with DM10 module (Mk1)?

One of the reviews on Thomann says this:

"Fully recommend. I put it together with MPS 850 hi hat and Millenium 901 stand and plugged it into my old Alesis DM10x after my old hi hat single zone pad on Alesis gave in. It works amazingly well without any issues whatsoever! Just plug it and it is ready to go. "

I'd be interested to know - as may be a cheaper, more readily available alternative to a Goedrummer controller.

Thank you.

Offline Chaser

Hello

Does anyone know if the Millenium controller is variable/continuous rather than just a switch?  Also, how compatible is it with DM10 module (Mk1)?

One of the reviews on Thomann says this:

"Fully recommend. I put it together with MPS 850 hi hat and Millenium 901 stand and plugged it into my old Alesis DM10x after my old hi hat single zone pad on Alesis gave in. It works amazingly well without any issues whatsoever! Just plug it and it is ready to go. "

I'd be interested to know - as may be a cheaper, more readily available alternative to a Goedrummer controller.

Thank you.

It is powered (9v-12v) so more than likely optical...contact a rep for  Thomann rep or  Millenium drums
Millenium (except the 850) is rebranded Medeli components in Europe.."old style" DM kits from Alesis in the US.
The Millenium Pedal is basically the "RealHat" (Alesis)
The Millenium 850    looks to be a rebrand by HXW and the Kit a variation of the A31..the module SM104 v2.01
There aren't many HXW kits,including rebrands in the USA..maybe a few on Amazon.."under $500 entry level kits"..so it's going to be difficult to find info here.
There was a firmware update for both the module and the Hi Hat trigger settings in June..
Thomann just released (Oct 2022) a V2 of the HH controller which is not powered..however judging by the size it may not be a sliding pot type (Goedrum) continuous/variable or optical since not powered, looking more like FSR.it's hard to tell..the slide pots used by Goedrum are small. ..."Suitable" for MPS-850 E-Drum Set..whatever "Suitable" means.

The DM10X reviewer did not mention if his module had the firmware for Realhat (Continuous/variable) pedal or the Pro-X (FSR)
Notice in the review/comments users had a hard time splashing....Roland HH use a small range of resistance.
The reviewer "Demonic Sweaters" is known on youtube for doing videos with the Nitro mesh Kit..which uses a Realhat pedal.

Bottom Line...ALL HH controller work in general..mixing components with different manufacturers is always give and take without knowing it's range..it's a guess on how well it will work.

EDIT:
Added Links

« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 01:29:33 PM by Chaser »

Many thanks, Chaser

I contacted Thomann.
.. this is what they say

Dear Customer,

The MPS-850 Hihat Controller works partly with the Alesis DM10.
So it works as open / close, but no splash or inbetweens.

The quest continues!