Author Topic: SIMMONS TITAN 50  (Read 951 times)

Offline Chaser

SIMMONS TITAN 50
« on: September 29, 2022, 01:40:24 PM »
SIMMONS TITAN 50

NEXT-GEN E-KIT
Refine your chops with the natural sound and feel of the NEW Simmons TITAN 50 e-kit.
Easily the best-sounding electronic drum set from Simmons yet.
The TITAN 50 includes a new sound library along with Bluetooth and a free app with training tools.

5-PIECE ELECTRONIC DRUM KIT WITH MESH HEADS AND 3 CYMBALS

SPECIFICATIONS
    25 Preset and 10 User Drum Kits
    3 Preset and 7 User Songs
    187 Drum Sounds
    Practice Mode measures timing accuracy with several songs, exercises, and scoring
    Custom LED and Drum Kit LED indicators for simple editing and setup
    Bluetooth Audio and MIDI
    USB Audio and MIDI
    Functions as a 2x2 audio interface with MIDI I/O
    Low profile rims for enhanced playability
    Dual layer, durable mesh heads with natural playability
    Detachable, padded tablet shelf securely holds iPhone, iPad, and other devices during practice
    1/8″ stereo aux input
    Stereo 1/4" line outputs
    1/8″ stereo headphone output
    Easy to use sound editing, play-along and practice tools

Optional expansion pack adds an additional crash and 8″ tom

Simmons Drums 2 is an all-new version of the Simmons Drums app for iOS.

Initially supporting the new TITAN 50, Simmons Drums 2 provides a wider display of drum module settings to help you select kits, choose new sounds, change the mix, adjust trigger settings and more.

Note:
Simmons Drums 2 currently supports the TITAN 50 electronic drum kit only.

DOWNLOADABLE SOUND PACKS
Coming Winter 2022

OVERVIEW KIT DEMOS

Simmons TITAN 50 Manual

EDIT:
Added Links
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 02:35:57 PM by Chaser »

Offline Hellfire

Re: SIMMONS TITAN 50
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 06:26:03 PM »
I was just getting ready to post about this here and found you beat me to it.  :P

Oh well, thanks for posting.

The biggest things I like about this new direction from Simmons is Downloadable kit packs, and USB audio.

That's huge at this price point ($449.00).

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 09:42:12 PM »
I was just getting ready to post about this here and found you beat me to it.  :P
Oh well, thanks for posting.

lol..
You can remove any of my posts anytime.I am not the type that minds that at all especially if you have spent time working on a Simmons Product post.
I know you have the SDdrummer site and I forget you may have been working on Post/Review for anything Simmons related.
I am in So Cal (OC) so usually the last time zone (other than Hawaii) to get any notifications and I post if I don't see it except for an e-kit not available in the US or another of the countless rebrand's (and there are many..especially on Amazon)..although I must admit I did skip posting the ddrum E-Flex..6" pads and 9" cymbals...6" dual zone snare..been out for almost a year.VIDEO

I was actually notified by Guitar Center for immediate availability... not a Simmons product release.
The Expanded Kit is also sold.. $528.99.The expansion is $79.99..so same price if the basic Kit and expansion are purchased separately.
The 15 and 20% off coupons are supposed to apply...so buyers should keep that in mind with the Holiday/Black Fri approaching and this year may be earlier than usual.
There's a lot to like about the module all the USB..Audio/Midi/Host.
In the New Simmons Video it is shown/ mentioned "create custom kits and download new sounds to the module" so the iPad/mac does all the processing/editing then you download the Final edited sound to the module,allowing the module to use all of it's resources for playing.
Too bad ,like the other Simmons apps, it's only macOS(M1 chip and later)/iOS..no Windows (except Firmware updating) or Android version.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 08:47:17 AM »
lol..
You can remove any of my posts anytime.I am not the type that minds that at all especially if you have spent time working on a Simmons Product post.
I know you have the SDdrummer site and I forget you may have been working on Post/Review for anything Simmons related.
I am in So Cal (OC) so usually the last time zone (other than Hawaii) to get any notifications and I post if I don't see it except for an e-kit not available in the US or another of the countless rebrand's (and there are many..especially on Amazon)..although I must admit I did skip posting the ddrum E-Flex..6" pads and 9" cymbals...6" dual zone snare..been out for almost a year.VIDEO

I was actually notified by Guitar Center for immediate availability... not a Simmons product release.
The Expanded Kit is also sold.. $528.99.The expansion is $79.99..so same price if the basic Kit and expansion are purchased separately.
The 15 and 20% off coupons are supposed to apply...so buyers should keep that in mind with the Holiday/Black Fri approaching and this year may be earlier than usual.
There's a lot to like about the module all the USB..Audio/Midi/Host.
In the New Simmons Video it is shown/ mentioned "create custom kits and download new sounds to the module" so the iPad/mac does all the processing/editing then you download the Final edited sound to the module,allowing the module to use all of it's resources for playing.
Too bad ,like the other Simmons apps, it's only macOS(M1 chip and later)/iOS..no Windows (except Firmware updating) or Android version.

You posted a lot more (and a lot better) than I was going to. As a matter of fact, I "borrowed" (thank you BTW) most of your post for SDdrummer.com. I use to have a connection with Simmons, but I no longer do (funny, that's what happened with Alesis as well). I found out about this new kit because I stumbled on a youtube video looking for something totally unrelated to drums/music. I almost didn't post about it on SDdrummer.com (there's not much activity over there).

They already have an app that controls their modules. I've used it with the SD1200 (and SD2000). This new app (like the older one) is used as a controller for the module itself. The module is not using the sound engine from the iPhone/iPad. From what I've seen the iPhone/iPad is also going to be used as a bridge to download "sound packs" to the module along with being a master controller for the module. This new app looks to be designed for a different chipset/hardware. I'm guessing Simmons is working on a replacement for the SD1250 using this newer tech. That's why they needed a new app. If I was to guess, that new kit will show up in March/April '23. Again, that is just a guess as I have no inside knowledge.

Did you notice Simmons (like Alesis) changed their naming convention of their kits? It looks as if Simmons is dropping the "SD-XXXX" thing and going with actual names for the kits (i.e. TITAN). Again, I think this is linked to new chipset/hardware they are working with at the moment.

Something to take note of, Simmons is no longer a "rebrand" of something else. The Titan 50 looks to be their own design (just like the SD2000, 1200, & 1250). I think Simmons is on the right path. I just hope that they continue down this path and get to the point where they have a good prosumer level kit (like the Alesis Strike).

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 08:51:29 AM by Hellfire »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 12:13:16 PM »
ON SALE ..Guitar Center Daily pick..$100.00 off (only $20.00 more than the New TITAN 20-$329.00)