Author Topic: Strike Module Mixer Volumes  (Read 292 times)

Offline Den

Strike Module Mixer Volumes
« on: February 08, 2022, 01:47:13 PM »
A couple of years ago there was a conversation about how the Strike Mixer works. In that conversation it was said that if the Strike Mixer Volumes are changed for a kit (which I assume must have been referring to a user kit) then when this user kit is saved these mixer settings are saved with it. My Strike module does not save these settings. Is my module faulty or am I missing something?
Cheers, Den
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 02:29:06 PM by Den »

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Module Mixer Volumes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 05:02:08 PM »
A couple of years ago there was a conversation about how the Strike Mixer works. In that conversation it was said that if the Strike Mixer Volumes are changed for a kit (which I assume must have been referring to a user kit) then when this user kit is saved these mixer settings are saved with it. My Strike module does not save these settings. Is my module faulty or am I missing something?
Cheers, Den

The Mixer is a Live Mixer..it stays in the fader's physical position not on a per kit or per zone basis but for the module as a whole and not for the Individual Ouput's.
In order for a Mixer with fader's to save per kit it would have to have Automated or "Flying" motorized fader's like Penny & Giles.(They are a Love/hate..love them when they work , hate them when they don't or break a string/belt.)

The original DM10 you could use the fader's to set levels but once you cycled the power the mixer banks were at max levels regardless of fader's physical position and once you touched a fader the level on the LCD changed and jumped to the position of the physical fader.

Here is the Topic you mentioned

STRIKE Volume Levels

Offline Den

Re: Strike Module Mixer Volumes
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 04:25:25 AM »
I don't understand why it would be so difficult for Alesis to issue an upgrade that saves the mixer settings per kit. The mixer sliders affect the volume output so there must be some way of those volume settings being saved with the user kit. It should not be necessary to have motorized sliders. If Alesis made this upgrade it would make life so much easier in a gig situation. The only way at the moment to retain a record of the settings is by taking a photograph of the slider or the mixer screen.