Author Topic: Troubleshooting Hi-Hat Controller pedal  (Read 363 times)

Troubleshooting Hi-Hat Controller pedal
« on: February 07, 2022, 11:05:03 AM »
Hi Everyone, new to the community here and hoping for some help. I bought a used Crimson II kit and have been having trouble getting my hi-hat controller pedal to trigger (only getting an open hi-hat sound).

So far I've purchased a brand new controller pedal (no luck) and a new cable snake (still no luck), leaving me to believe it has something to do with the drum module. I've reset it to factory settings, but still no luck.

Any insight/recommendations would be super helpful!

Offline Chaser

Re: Troubleshooting Hi-Hat Controller pedal
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 04:51:14 PM »
Hi Everyone, new to the community here and hoping for some help. I bought a used Crimson II kit and have been having trouble getting my hi-hat controller pedal to trigger (only getting an open hi-hat sound).

So far I've purchased a brand new controller pedal (no luck) and a new cable snake (still no luck), leaving me to believe it has something to do with the drum module. I've reset it to factory settings, but still no luck.

Any insight/recommendations would be super helpful!

Welcome to the Forum !

You don't mention the pedal so I presume it a Realhat pedal that come with the kit.
The Realhat pedal uses pressure and a linear "softpot". It requires constant pressure for the open to close transition.
The first thing to do is take out all the excess travel as there is a gap before the pedal functions
Under the Trigger settings scroll to HH Pedal..raise the sensitivity..default is usually low..around 3.
Max it out at 16 and you should definitely hear the pedal..then adjust/lower it to your playing style.
If you still can't hear a difference ..put the module into test mode to confirm the pedal is working and/or the module is detecting it.

Module Tests ...
press and hold Down+Up buttons simultaneously while powering on ..you'll see the Alesis splash screen..Firmware Version .. "Booting"..
Then you'll see the main menu ...use the up/down buttons to maneuver...press down to pad test which is #2...press enter
There will be a PAD... and Value...
The "Pad" will show which trigger is being hit or in this case pressed..the "Value" will show if the hit or in this case pedal pressure/position is detected and what velocity...press the pedal the "PAD" should show HH-P.. at different pressures and speeds press the pedal..a hard sharp jab should show around 127..it will vary the test is just to confirm the pedal is working...then "Exit"..go to 8 erp..the module will power down.