Author Topic: Anyone know what size/where to buy these screws/nuts with a drum key head?  (Read 1335 times)

I 3D-printed one of these cymbal mounts that stops pads from spinning on a cymbal stand, and now I need help finding the right bolt/nut combination to tighten them:

I know I could probably find the right diameter/length bolt at my local hardware store, but not with a standard drum key lug nut kind of head....

Anyone got any links?

Offline Chaser

Re: Anyone know what size/where to buy these screws/nuts with a drum key head?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 12:09:07 AM »
I have a box of each of all 3 types..It will depend on Kit/Year they came with and what hardware the rack had..some had chrome..some had black.
I have the type you printed.There were different versions.One came with a black Allen head.One came with chrome Tension Rod...other types with a pin use a black tension rod and chrome tension rod..also a Ball type that screwed into the cymbal arm which is tapped/threaded.
All are metric..the two with black hardware are M6 x 25mm..about 25% of the length sticks out.They do not tighten flush.
The one with the chrome tension rod is M6 x 20mm and is flush when tightened (normally tension rods are 7/32..Pearl are 5.8mm)
The "Pin" type were used with the Surge Cymbals..I use them for DIY Custom cymbals.(Metal)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 12:51:07 AM by Chaser »

Online AlanK

Re: Anyone know what size/where to buy these screws/nuts with a drum key head?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 04:11:15 PM »
Bring it to your hardware/home improvement store and find the hex nut that fits in the slot, then match it with whatever bolt type you prefer.. my DM10X has hex key (Allen) but if you can get the size to match a lug and prefer to use a drum key then go nuts (pun intended?). Just make sure the nut fits snuggly so it doesn't spin as you tighten and cut into the slot and ruin the gripping.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Thanks guys, all good info! I'll hopefully get something that works well.