Author Topic: Setting up TriggerIO for dual pad function with a Roland CY-13R Ride - Pad  (Read 759 times)

Hi ...

I guess the subject pretty much describes my case .
But anyway ; I have this Roland CY-13R Ride cymbal, that works as a dual pad .
So, how to make the connections to the TriggerIO - module, as well as how to properly program the module for the dual usage .
Meaning I'd like to have a differ output for the tip as well as the bell (edge / bow ; possible ???)

- Z -

Offline Chaser

Re: Setting up TriggerIO for dual pad function with a Roland CY-13R Ride - Pad
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 09:46:19 AM »
Hi ...

I guess the subject pretty much describes my case .
But anyway ; I have this Roland CY-13R Ride cymbal, that works as a dual pad .
So, how to make the connections to the TriggerIO - module, as well as how to properly program the module for the dual usage .
Meaning I'd like to have a differ output for the tip as well as the bell (edge / bow ; possible ???)

- Z -

It's been a while since I setup a TriggerI/O but if I remember correctly it doesn't have full support for a dual cable Triple 3 Zone Ride with Choke.
You can get a Dual Zone with Choke.Triple Zone Ride outputs are wired in a Piezo(Bow)/Switch(Bell)/Switch(Edge) circuit.
Ride inputs are typically tied together in a circuit as are the Hi Hat and controller inputs

I also seem to remember if both inputs were set to PS you would also hear the Bow when you triggered the Edge and I think the Default Choke note was 35 which in GM is "Acoustic Kick" so you may need to check the display or use a MIDI Monitor to see exactly what MIDI Note is being sent.The TriggerI/O allowed Choking on every input but #4 and does allow you to change the Choke Note number which the majority of modules won't as it is "Fixed" (non-adjustable)...there is a Zone X-talk setting that you can play around with and see if some of the Bow can be cancelled out on the output you use for the Edge/Choke.
I don't have any of the earlier Roland Dual Cable Rides but I believe some had slide switches to change the wiring at the cymbal itself

EDIT:
I attached the USB Pro Kit TriggerIO setup pdf which includes cymbal setup and settings.
The USB pro Kit came with Surge Cymbals  which were PiezoBow/Piezo(Bell)..see if that is of any help.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 11:47:43 AM by Chaser »