Author Topic: Replacement mesh heads?  (Read 1638 times)

Replacement mesh heads?
« on: February 27, 2022, 09:46:40 AM »
This question is a little premature as I just purchased a new Strike Pro SE. I'm not sure how long mesh heads last, but I can't believe they last forever.  Where can I fine Alesis replacement heads that match this kit?

Online Hellfire

Re: Replacement mesh heads?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 09:14:39 AM »
This question is a little premature as I just purchased a new Strike Pro SE. I'm not sure how long mesh heads last, but I can't believe they last forever.  Where can I fine Alesis replacement heads that match this kit?

The answer to that question really depends on a few things.
- If the heads when played are really loose and floppy, then the heads will not last all that long.
- If the beater on the kick trigger is felt, then the head will not last very long.
- If beat up wood tipped sticks are used, then the heads will not last very long.

As long as you keep the heads at least somewhat tight and use a plastic beater on the kick trigger and use plastic tipped sticks, the heads should be good for a long time.

In most cases mesh heads last a heck of a lot longer than standard heads. I've been playing edrums for over 20 years and in that time I only burned through one maybe two mesh heads from regular play. I have busted several single ply heads from over tightening however.  ;)