Author Topic: Roland CY-15R Ride with Strike Pro Module & Alternatives  (Read 1269 times)

Roland CY-15R Ride with Strike Pro Module & Alternatives
« on: April 21, 2021, 07:57:44 PM »
Hey,

I've been trying to get my Roland ride to work properly with the Strike Pro module.  Striking the bow hard enough triggers the bell instead.  The Roland ride works fine with the TD-50 I have, so it's not the pad itself.

I read elsewhere that the Roland ride combines triggers, so that could be the issue.

I've tried adjusting the crosstalk, etc. to no avail.

I really prefer the Roland ride as it's much more sensitive than the Alesis.  :(

Save for being able to use the Roland ride - what other 3 zone ride brands would work with the Strike Pro module AND be more sensitive than the Alesis ride.

Thanks!

Re: Roland CY-15R Ride with Strike Pro Module & Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 10:24:59 PM »
No replies?  SAD!

Anyhow, the Roland 15" ride didn't play well with the Strike Pro module so I tried others - almost all of them.  ;)

The rest worked fine:  ATV, Goedrum, Roland 12" and 13" crash/rides used as rides.  Still waiting on a 15" Yamaha ride and hope that'll do the trick.  I settled on the 13" Roland ride for now but it's a bit small for the "feel" of a ride.

Will update when final call is made.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 11:40:20 PM »
No replies?  SAD!

Anyhow, the Roland 15" ride didn't play well with the Strike Pro module so I tried others - almost all of them.  ;)

The rest worked fine:  ATV, Goedrum, Roland 12" and 13" crash/rides used as rides.  Still waiting on a 15" Yamaha ride and hope that'll do the trick.  I settled on the 13" Roland ride for now but it's a bit small for the "feel" of a ride.

I can already tell you the Yamaha isn't going to work very well. Yamaha three zone rides use just one cable. The Alesis Strike is set-up for a two cable ride. The Yamaha should work as a two zone with choke I believe, but you will not get three zones out of it on the Strike.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 11:57:50 AM »
No replies?  SAD!

I can already tell you the Yamaha isn't going to work very well. Yamaha three zone rides use just one cable. The Alesis Strike is set-up for a two cable ride. The Yamaha should work as a two zone with choke I believe, but you will not get three zones out of it on the Strike.

Okay.  As long as I get bow and bell, I'm happy.  I rarely, if ever, struck the edge of a real ride as a crash, so no loss for me there.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 05:49:20 PM »
No replies?  SAD!

Okay.  As long as I get bow and bell, I'm happy.  I rarely, if ever, struck the edge of a real ride as a crash, so no loss for me there.

You were correct.  It's nice and responsive with the bell triggering on the bell AND edge.  Too bad.  :(

Sigh.