Author Topic: SIMMONS SD600  (Read 5458 times)

Offline Chaser

SIMMONS SD600
« on: April 02, 2019, 10:37:19 AM »
Simmons SD600 Electronic Drum Set with Mesh Heads and Bluetooth

Designed for the drummer who wants a rock-solid electronic drum set for practice, rehearsal and recording, the Simmons SD600 mesh-head kit with Bluetooth is ideal for players who are looking for an acoustic sound and feel, premium features, and the ability to expand, create and connect wirelessly via Bluetooth.

All Mesh Pads with Rugged Rack

The SD600 comes complete with double-layer, tension-able, dual-zone mesh heads, including toms, snare and kick, for incredible responsiveness and realistic acoustic drum feel. The SD600 steel rack allows you to adjust the pads to fit whatever your playing style and setup is. The robust design and solid construction of the SD600 steel rack ensures your kit will stay put so you can focus on drumming.

The SD600 sound module includes extra inputs when you’re ready to expand your sound and playing palette with two additional pads or triggers. The module features the Simmons Signature Sound Library for a wide variety of drum voices—as well as percussion and electronic sounds—across 35 preset drum kits, making it ideal for any style or genre. Users can even create and save up to 10 fully customizable kits.
Detailed picture of Simmons SD600 cymbal pad with realistic feel
Realistic Sounds that Respond to Your Playing

With Simmons' advanced V.A.R. (Variable Attack Response) technology, multi-dynamic samples respond to your playing, so your playing experience is immersive and accurate. The SD600 includes a wide collection of great-feeling drum and percussion multi-layered sounds, including multi-velocity, stereo cymbal sounds for a lifelike acoustic sound and feel.
Detailed picture of Simmons SD600 sound module with Bluetooth capability connected to iPad
Built-in Bluetooth and Simmons iOS App

Using the free Simmons iOS app, you can wirelessly connect the SD600 sound module to your computer, tablet or smartphone for complete control. This includes sound and performance editing, as well as kit customization. Using Bluetooth or USB, you can tap into a universe of iOS DAW and computer apps like GarageBand® and so much more. Record songs, utilize soft-synth and trigger samples, plus take advantage of an unlimited collection of teaching apps—all at your fingertips.

Expandable Module with Simmons Signature Sound Library

The SD600 sound module includes extra inputs when you’re ready to expand your sound and playing palette with two additional pads or triggers. The module features the Simmons Signature Sound Library for a wide variety of drum voices—as well as percussion and electronic sounds—across 35 preset drum kits, making it ideal for any style or genre. Users can even create and save up to 10 fully customizable kits.

Realistic Sounds that Respond to Your Playing

With Simmons' advanced V.A.R. (Variable Attack Response) technology, multi-dynamic samples respond to your playing, so your playing experience is immersive and accurate. The SD600 includes a wide collection of great-feeling drum and percussion multi-layered sounds, including multi-velocity, stereo cymbal sounds for a lifelike acoustic sound and feel.

Built-in Bluetooth and Simmons iOS App

Using the free Simmons iOS app, you can wirelessly connect the SD600 sound module to your computer, tablet or smartphone for complete control. This includes sound and performance editing, as well as kit customization. Using Bluetooth or USB, you can tap into a universe of iOS DAW and computer apps like GarageBand® and so much more. Record songs, utilize soft-synth and trigger samples, plus take advantage of an unlimited collection of teaching apps—all at your fingertips

Features

Full-sized electronic drum kit
    Sleek look, realistic feel, stay in place design
    10” tension-able dual-zone, dual-ply snare, three 8” tension-able dual-zone, dual-ply tom pads
    10” crash cymbal with choke function, 12” ride cymbal and 10” hi-hat pad
    Hi-hat pedal
    Kick pad tower with mesh pad
    Included beater pedal, swappable with your own pedal
    SD600 Module with sleek new look with easy navigation
    Easy-to-read, backlit LCD screen
    Detachable stick/headphone/iPad/iPhone rest
    Simmons Signature Sound Library
    35 Preset Drum Kits, plus 10 User Kits
    336 High-quality drum sounds
    3 Demo songs
    Variable Attack Response (V.A.R.) technology with Intelligent sample playback
    Pads respond differently base on dynamics
    Randomized samples on snare and ride cymbal
    Better playability and performance
    Wireless Bluetooth MIDI connectivity to computer and iOS devices
    Expanded, easy editing and menu navigation on your iOS device
    Simple connectivity to GarageBand® and other apps
    Stereo 1/8” TRS input for audio from MP3 player
    8 trigger inputs on single multi-pin connector for clean cable management
    2 trigger inputs on ¼” inputs for pad or trigger expansion
    Rugged steel rack with robust custom T-fittings and extra-stable rubber feet

SD600

Simmons SD600 Drum Kit In Depth Review + demos of all kits All Mesh Pads

Simmons SD600 All Kits Sound Demos

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:47:03 PM by Chaser »

Online Hellfire

Re: SIMMONS SD600
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 07:45:05 AM »
I'm actually getting ready to do a review of this kit myself. I have the kit and I plan on doing a write-up and a quick video.  ;)

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 05:23:40 PM »
Here's my video review of the kit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zXgHFJtX_I

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 11:43:07 AM »
really great review on YT you did, totally professional video quality..wow! enjoyed the sounds and all your takes on its qualities.. I subscribed!  :)  by the way, I can't use the Like button anymore.. is it cuz I'm using Chrome? I admit I haven't tried another browser yet.. just wondered if you'd changed the forum settings
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 08:37:51 AM »
by the way, I can't use the Like button anymore.. is it cuz I'm using Chrome? I admit I haven't tried another browser yet.. just wondered if you'd changed the forum settings

We did an update not to long ago (about a month ago) to the server. I've made a note of it and I will see if my network person can take a look. Thanks!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 11:25:13 AM »
and you just know I had to try to hit the LIKE button on your reply about looking into it.. lol   :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers