Author Topic: Studio kit HH pedal  (Read 2870 times)

Studio kit HH pedal
« on: August 08, 2010, 12:46:42 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new here and just bought the DM10 studio kit a couple days ago. I can't for the life of me get my HH pedal to work properly. I like to play my hats with my foot a lot, quarter and half notes usually, mostly heavy rock type music. This pedal will trigger a few times then start missing and then completely stop triggering from open to closed. It will only start working again if I hit the HH pad a couple times which always responds to the pedal properly. I guess it acts like it has a bad connection but I checked that too. I've done the module updates, played around with the setting for a couple hours and I've even adjusted the sensor tab on the pedal itself. Anything to suggest with settings or is there possibly a problem with the pedal?  I've gone from a borrowed Roland TD-9 kit to this one and the Alesis seems to be very troublesome to set up and get to feel right. (yes I realize the Roland is more expensive and that may be why it was way better) I really want to make this kit all it can be, thanks for any input, I'll do my best to return the favour!

Offline Guinness

Re: Studio kit HH pedal
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »
I had the same problem, and when speaking with Alesis they authorized a RMA.  However, I never sent it back.  I got it to work 'fine' by having it fail the calibration on closed hh.   However, since the latest update, I didn't have to do that anymore.

Now, I say 'fine' because I have nothing to reference it to, except an accoustic.  It doesn't perform that well, but I've gotten used to it. 

The latest update ("i", I believe) added settings to hh tweakability which works pretty good.

Hope that somewhat helps.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:59:11 PM »
Well I agree that this pedal feel can only get so good due to the cost of the kit. I got it to work well now though. I'm a bit of an idiot and had a cymbal and the HH mixed around so now that I set them up properly, the miss triggering went away. I tweaked the settings and it works a lot better. Thanks Guinness for your input!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:34:06 AM »
You are welcome.   ;D

Sometimes it's the simple things...  even though "simple" wasn't my solution.   glad you got it resolved.

Rock on!