Author Topic: MIDI Map Presets - Addictive Drums 1/2 & Superior Drummer 2/3 (DM10 Studio Kit)  (Read 99805 times)

Offline Met

Xtra A and Xtra B Sounds Included in Tom3 and Tom4 Rims, tom 1 rim is left as default.

To assign sounds to different rims or drum head, Go to the "Map Windows" located on the "?" button, Click on the "L" button beside the sound sample you want and hit you drum pad/rim to trigger the assigned sounds and save your map presets after you're done

I see what you're saying but there is no cymbal 4 to assign to tom1. I don't want to use the "Extra" sounds. This is why I'm so confused.

Offline Met

That's why tom 1 rim has been left as default because there's no 4th cymbal to add to but for an example you add rim 1 a close hi hat and play with a double pedal kick drum which is ideal if you have a double pedal, If you don't want to use the "Extra" sounds or a specific sound, go to the map window and keep an eye on the keyboard view section and hit the drum pad/rim to see which key is triggering and just click on the key and drag out away from the keyboard view section to remove the sound and same goes for adding sounds which you must drag the sounds from the Stroke Type List window over to a key in the keyboard view section.

The whole mapping depends on your preference on which sounds you want on a specific drum pad/rim there are a bunch of articulations on each part of the drums which you could mix and match them.

Awesome.

Was going to sit down this weekend and map SD properly for the DM10.

Just a bit of tweaking to do now. More time for playing, and more time for beer :-)

Thx Meteoracp.
DM10 Studio, Trigger IO, ESI Keycontrol 25
Cubase, SD2.0, Ensoniq Paris DAW
Nord electro 4HP, Kawai MP9000, Kawai MP5
GNX4 all connected through eMagic Unitor 8

Offline Met

Your Welcome.

Thanks but i cant download the file.

Best regards

Offline Met

Thanks but i cant download the file.

Best regards

Why not? The attachments are in the 1st post of the first page at the bottom of the instructions.

I followed the instructions given but the "manage in explorer" part of the drop down menu is greyed out and cannot be selected.
I can't copy over the downloaded settings as a result of this.
Any solution?

Offline Met

I followed the instructions given but the "manage in explorer" part of the drop down menu is greyed out and cannot be selected.
I can't copy over the downloaded settings as a result of this.
Any solution?
Are you on windows or mac OS?

I am on Windows 7 64 bit.
Superior drums 2.0 as a plugin with Ableton Live 8.

Offline Met

Try opening Superior Drummer with Toontrack Solo to see if the "manage in explorer" drop down menu is available. Otherwise  Try uninstalling Superior Drummer and reinstall back with full installation of Superior Drummer with the complete sound library of the installer.

Have not encountered the problem before so not much troubleshooting can be done but uninstalling and reinstalling Superior Drummer is a start and might work for this type of issues. Also make sure Superior Drummer is on the latest version update which may fix minor bugs.

Hello to all, Im super new to this thing.. Please Help..

I havent been able to use the user preset nor the manage in finder (mac)
How in the world can I load the mapping  ???information downloaded??

Hello,

sorry for ma bad english :)
I have a problem with Superior Drummer, alesis dm10 and Hihat.
I downloaded the preset and everything is working fine but when i press the hihat pedal, the crash cymbal sounds.
Closed / open hihat isnt working, too..
What is the problem? :(

Offline Met

when i press the hihat pedal, the crash cymbal sounds.
Have you adjusted your Crosstalk(XTalk)?
Have you calibrated you hihat?

Press the Utility Button on the DM10 Module and Select Trig, Highlight Hi Hat and switch to "Note Only" so Closed / open hihat will sound off accordingly while using the midi map in this thread.

Some people have reported that midi mapping from scratch with their modules works as well.

when i press the hihat pedal, the crash cymbal sounds.
Have you adjusted your Crosstalk(XTalk)?
Have you calibrated you hihat?

Press the Utility Button on the DM10 Module and Select Trig, Highlight Hi Hat and switch to "Note Only" so Closed / open hihat will sound off accordingly while using the midi map in this thread.

Some people have reported that midi mapping from scratch with their modules works as well.

Yep, i already switched to "Note Only".
If i play only with the module it works perfektly. So its just a midi problem i think.

Offline Met

In that case, Use the midi map in this thread and fine tune your drums via SD or you can start from Scratch.

In SD, Make sure to delete duplicated midi notes that might trigger on different drum pads and also check your modules midi note for each pad for duplicated notes.

That's what I suggest for now.

i got Alesis DM10X and i use Superior Drummer 2.0 i know how to setup pads and HI-Hat but i'm getting crazy trying to setup the Crash Choke .. is that possible or i'm just wasting my time?

Offline Met

i got Alesis DM10X and i use Superior Drummer 2.0 i know how to setup pads and HI-Hat but i'm getting crazy trying to setup the Crash Choke .. is that possible or i'm just wasting my time?
Some SDX Packs does emulate the crash choke properly and some you'll have to manually set it up and same goes for EZX packs.

Firstly make sure the midi notes of the Mute cymbals are assigned accordingly then switch to Mute articulation under "Instrument" pane, Activate "Edit Articulation Only" option, Activate the option in "Envelope" pane and drag the "Release" envelope to 0.1ms and the trigger type must be set to "Note On" for mute cymbals.

It may or may not sound good enough for some people but it should be close enough to emulate a choke sound.

Some SDX Packs does emulate the crash choke properly and some you'll have to manually set it up and same goes for EZX packs.
 thank you for your answer .. very apreciate.. i'm trying but it doesn't work .. maybe i'm doing something wrong ..could you follow me? you are the first person that gave me an answer.
Alesis Crash Note Number is 49 and Alesis Crash Choke is 34 . in "Instrument" i do: i do select "Crash A"  and "Crash" then i put the Note Number "49" in the gap and i do click on LEARN. ok ,now i hit the cymbal and it plays the crash .. then i go back to "Instrument" ,Crash is already selected,i do select "EDIT Articulation Only" then i change "Crash" to "Mute" and i put the Note Number "34" (Crash Choke on Alesis) and i click  Return button  on the PC keyboard or i unselect and select again LEARN . i set 0.1 ms ad "Note On" but it plays choke crash when i hit the cymbal and another time when i stop it.

Firstly make sure the midi notes of the Mute cymbals are assigned accordingly then switch to Mute articulation under "Instrument" pane, Activate "Edit Articulation Only" option, Activate the option in "Envelope" pane and drag the "Release" envelope to 0.1ms and the trigger type must be set to "Note On" for mute cymbals.

It may or may not sound good enough for some people but it should be close enough to emulate a choke sound.

Offline Met

Try to manually map the notes individually in SD using the "Mapping" tab/window and delete duplicated notes that are triggering on the cymbal hit and choke trigger then learn the necessary notes.

i had a problem saving the note number , then i delete all notes ..but still i got the same problem. i'm wondering if i have to edit the artuclation only in the same number note of the crash.. maybe i'm asking to much but could you make a video about this problem? i'm sure lot of people will appreciate this video on youtube too

Offline Met

i had a problem saving the note number , then i delete all notes ..but still i got the same problem.
After assigning the midi notes in SD, Save the project in SD located on the "Load/Save" drop down menu tab and do the same for other packs.

You have to configure your hardware/module before doing anything software related so don't forget save the settings in the module as it reflects on the notes being hit in SD on default startup.

i had a problem saving the note number , then i delete all notes ..but still i got the same problem.
After assigning the midi notes in SD, Save the project in SD located on the "Load/Save" drop down menu tab and do the same for other packs.

You have to configure your hardware/module before doing anything software related so don't forget save the settings in the module as it reflects on the notes being hit in SD on default startup.
what do i have to configure exactly in the module? i know i'm annoying but really i wanna use the choke

Offline Met

Configure the crash hit and choke notes in the module, You'll need to look at the manual of your alesis kit if you don't know how.

i didn't find anything about Crash and Choke ..it explains hot to trigger pads but there is no explanation about choke