Author Topic: how to get the best sound out of addictive drums 2  (Read 4376 times)

how to get the best sound out of addictive drums 2
« on: May 14, 2016, 03:00:49 AM »
now that my dm10x mesh conversion is done i recently purchased addictive drums 2 and the studio pop adpak. now i want to now how to get the most out of this program. true is sounds better than the module does but i think i am not getting the most out of this setup yet. i am open to all suggestions i just want to bring the best realistic sound out of my kit!!!

Offline Th3R00st3r

Re: how to get the best sound out of addictive drums 2
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:23:35 AM »
If you look up addictive drums presets on you tube, there are several kits people have made that sound good out of the gate. Here are a few that I use.

Albert Wolfgang - Rock and Metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju3aIlkYiDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qh5M1hVYNI

th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
thanks @ th3rooste3 you always have some good information to share. the only adpack i have at the moment is the studio pop. my thinking was that most music is pop-ish nowadays so i thought that this would cover most of the more current music of the times.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:34:55 AM »
I've bought into most of their adpaks (1/2 price sales). My AD2 originally came with the Fairfax 1&2 bundles for free, then I bought up Studio Rock, Pop and Progressive. Later I bought the Black Oyster, Blue Oyster, Black Velvet and Retroplex (Vistalite).. oh, and I've got the Jazz Sticks and Jazz Brushes as well as the Funk paks.. I love em all.. but my go to's are usually Black Velvet for that snappy snare and the deep Arena sounds and Fairfax vol 1
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:02:43 AM »
I'm waiting for the next 1/2 off sale so I can pick up a few the for sure next kits I'd like are the black velvet, Fairfield as well as the funk.

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 11:38:19 AM »
I think some of the presets for Studio Pop sound pretty good. Are you not satisfied with them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyAJbsADLgk
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 11:50:53 PM »
Yes I am very satisfied with the program  just my small amp leaves me wanting more it's a Behringer KT108 very small keyboard amp I'm pretty sure the amp just is not giving me what I want

Offline Sal

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 09:15:29 AM »
How does it sound through headphones?
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 01:01:53 PM »
That's what I'm saying to me it's awesome  through headphones just not through the amp

Offline Sal

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 03:11:49 PM »
So it's the amp then. Right? Have you messed with the EQ on it?
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 03:56:46 PM »
yeah the sound changes so much depending on the output.. I've only got one pair of panasonic noise cancelling over the ears that make my kit sound truly awesome

one of my PA speakers is way too powerful and I can never eq it enough to make the set come through right.. maybe in an auditorium... my Mackie Thumps were pretty good though.. I think keyboard amps maybe aren't quite right..not an expert mind you.. but they probably aren't built for the wide range of powerful punch for the kick and bright highs for the cymbals whereas a good PA speaker is made to really pound out the sub and scream through the tweeter

Also it really makes a difference if you have a pair of speakers. Wasn't as good for me through my single 15" Mackie as compared to the pair of 12" Mackies I have. Now I have a pair of Samson Expeditions on stands, they're not huge, but together and separated out behind me they can pack a decent punch and they're small enough for my tiny basement and for taking to a jam.. got them on sale for 95 each and the pair of mini stands was about 70 so about 300 all in

1st pic is on the stand at my place, 2nd is floor level at buddy's.. I prefer on the stand, hear myself better
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 01:32:35 AM »
Thank you all I have a lot of questions  because I consider this an investment and I want the most out of my kit

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 03:49:56 AM »
Hey Sal yeah I'm pretty  sure it's the amp. I dialed in amazing cymbal sounds but snare, bass and tom's were no where near where I would like them to be.