Author Topic: DM10 studio drums MIDI audio latency Logic pro X and Garageband  (Read 2680 times)

Hello,
I've been searching the net for a while regarding latency of MIDI notes sent from DM10 module to DAWs Logic pro X and Garageband on a  macbook pro  from 2014.
All answers I've found on the net related to these issues are solved with lowering the buffer size. This doesn't do it for me,
Ive a thunderbolt audio interface (FOcusrite Clarett 4pre) which I hook up with the MIDI cable from my DM10.
Playing superior drummer live with toontrack solo works great. But when I record in my DAW (Superior drummer or muted track) I get a delay of around 30 ms of the recorded MIDI note. I've tried to record MIDI and out from DM10 at the same time by hitting the snare drum on my DM10 kit at a clicktrack from DAW set  120 bpm. and there I can see that the audio is always 5 ms earlier than the MIDI note.  Quantization of the midi track is off in DAW.

Any tips on solving this?
SHall DAW midi settings- sync /clock as well as DM10 MIDI settings be altered from deafult in any way?
What latency from hitting the DM10 drums to recorded MIDI not can be reached in fully working system?

Best regards
Anders

Re: DM10 studio drums MIDI audio latency Logic pro X and Garageband
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 07:39:18 PM »
Hi
just a thought but if a pc is involved are you using ASIO drivers if not
get the free ASIO for all driver install and force your  software to use that instead.
I have addictive drums and ASIO solved my latency  issues .
hope this helps .
Tyros.