Author Topic: Trigger IO midi out not working  (Read 2120 times)

Trigger IO midi out not working
« on: March 03, 2016, 11:57:42 AM »
I recently got a Trigger IO as part of a drumkit that I purchased. I can't get anything at all out of the midi. I am testing it by plugging it into a midi USB interface into a Windows 7 computer. I know the midi interface and cable etc is working because I just tested it with a keyboard and it works fine. On the computer I have MidiOx running and I have no problem picking up the output of the keyboard but using the same lead and exact same setup nothing whatsoever comes out of the Trigger IO.  ( unless the lead was to work with the keyboard but not the IO )

I plugged the trigger IO in via the USB out and everything seems fine ( so I dont think it can be anything to to with the triggers or trigger settings) , but I need to midi this into my Millennium MPS 600 so I need to use the MIDI out. I am wondering if there's any way the midi out could have been turned off somehow.

I have reset the unit back to factory settings and read through the manual - is there anything else I can do? The only option I can think of is to usb the trigger IO into the computer and then relay that to the midi out on the computer and from there into the MPS600 and from there midi back into the computer again - which I don't even know if it would work but if it does it's a huge workaround and it wont work for playing live - i don't want to have to use the computer every time I want to play drums

:(  ... has anyone any ideas/advice etc