Author Topic: tom 4 double playing both midi and head unit  (Read 1441 times)

tom 4 double playing both midi and head unit
« on: February 21, 2016, 02:50:17 AM »
yeah for the back story minus this one problem see my welcome thread..i didnt put that there not the place lol..
let me first start by saying i have zero midi,recording,experience
i have made looped songs on magix music maker10 like 15 years ago (techno)
but other than that zero..I have played in my basement to the stereo damn near the whole time ive been drumming (21 years)
had a punk band back in high school but havnt played with an actual band since then..
ive "JAMMED" with some "guys" but i was never career driven just drum for shits and gigs..i  like it, its challenging and relaxing, so nothing ever came of that..
back to my cave.
ANYWAYS...
the issue.
ok so ive got EZD2( 10 day trial till i buy..)
ive set up ezd2 exactly how it says.
ive hooked up DM10 and adjusted midi settings and everything else.
NOT running daw at all. its running right on laptop i literally bought a new laptop 2 days ago to do
this.
Its got 4g ram expandable to 8 and a 500g HD win10 blahblahblah..
anyways
i got latency down to
94.6ms
1.5ms
but thats not my issue it plays damn good..if i can get those numbers lower please point the way!
Ive set the dm10 module on its own to be exactly like my acoustic's (that) im happy with when not hooked to pc the response is awesome.
the issue that has me here is the fourth tom, while running ezd2
it is the only one giving a double hit as is the rim.
by double hit i mean i can hear EZD2 AND THE DM10 MODULE sound ON that tom only.
it was the only one when setting the midi setting that did not cancel out the dm10 module.
it's running both..
anyone have any ideas how get just that tom to not use the dm10 module and only EZD2?
EVERYTHING else is perfect...ish id like latency to be as low as possible but not my "rush"
to do.. trying to get this done before i actually purchase EZD2 so i can literally just plug and play my saved settings from ezd2.
if this tom 4 thing has been covered can i please get linked up?
and any suggestions of on latency is also welcome..
im not NOT satisfied with how the latency is ..its almost damn near un noticable
like ive just got to play cautious?...if that makes sense lol..
but yeah ill be around see you soon.and thanx

Re: tom 4 double playing both midi and head unit
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 10:00:01 PM »
 ;)yeeeeeahhh...read dm10 owners manual,more than once :o :o
problem solved..
owners manual page 4. paragraph 2 (volume, drum sounds)
adjust the sounds via internal mixer, channel a and b are accessed via the "mixbank" button.
toggle between the two channels.
adjust as needed.
you cannot save in the mixer screen exit and save settings as you usually would...

that was painless..

Offline Trondster

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 02:56:15 AM »
If you trigger both the rim and head of the same trigger, then this is crosstalk. Raise the threshold a bit for the trigger, and increase zone xtalk a bit. You might also want to reduce the sensitivity on the rim a bit, too.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 10:44:54 PM »
thanx for your reply, all though this was not a xtalk issue, it was a double hit..
while running ez drummer i was able to hear tom 4 from the mod and ez drummer
first one followed by the other..fixed...user error
 i did hopefully fix the ONE crosstalk issue..THE HI HATS!
NO MATTER WHERE I SET EM, every now and then they would sound off..when playing to something really fast like devil driver or fear factory
pet em on a custom offset cymbal stand i made which matches the kit perfect( black and chrome)
latenecy issues gone DL asio4all..
thanx again im sure ill be back with another question i could google first lol
nextmod is my mixer seen they were on sale for 5 chan (berhinger) 39.99