Author Topic: HiHat triggering crash in Superior Drummer 2.0 (Another way to fix it)  (Read 1614 times)

This topic has been brought up before and might be redundant but, I wanted to show another way to approach the problem and fix it if you use Superior Drummer 2.0 with a DM10 module.

This was perplexing when playing having the crash sound when pressing down on the Hihat pedal. This
was never an issue when just using the DM10 module by it self. Ive figured out the fix in superior
drummer 2.0 and I dont have the problem anymore.

1. select the Hihat by right clicking on it. Look at the top right hand corner to make sure that its
selected in the instrument screen.

2. Select  "mapping" at the top of superior drummer. This will pull up the midi mapping keyboard screen
for the Hihat.

3. Press the Hihat pedal and watch for the note that activates on the keys. Watch closely! You will also
see notes in blue that should be mapped for the Hihat, but watch for the note that plays when the
crash is sounded by just activating the pedal. It will be grey in color then turn black when the crash
activates. Its not actually mapped as a note for the Hihat, but its more of a ghosted note that should
not be there and it needs to be removed.

4.  right click on that note on the keyboard and it should switch to the crash that is sounding off. Look
at the top right screen again and you will see that the crash will be highlighted in orange. Also you will
see that note(s) (F#0, G#0, G0) highlighted in orange on the keyboard of the mapping screen. Hit the
delete key to remove the associated note(s) and the mapped key(s) will change to black on the
keyboard.

5. re-select the hihat by right clicking on it and play the hihat. That note for the crash is now
inactive. You will need to recalibrate the hihat and crash by using the learn function again and then
Save the kit.

Note: I put parenthesis around the (S) of notes, depending on the kit you are using in superior
drummer you may only have to delete one note instead of three notes.

Hope this helps!!!