Author Topic: Alesis DM10 Studio Kit + Addictive Drums 2  (Read 7610 times)

Alesis DM10 Studio Kit + Addictive Drums 2
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »
Hi ther
I bought the Alesis DM10 a few months ago and just now decided to take on Addictive Drums. But the thing is, I upgraded to Addictive Drums 2, so I can't find any map presets that are compatible.
I'm looking for map presets, cause I can't figure out for the life of me, how to make my hi-hat work. The closed function doesnt work, If I map the 'Foot Close' to the hi hat pedal it works. But then if I try to map the closed hi hat shaft or tip hit and then the opened hi hat hit, they conflict and one replaces another. (did you get it?)
Anyway, any help is appreciated

Offline Trondster

Re: Alesis DM10 Studio Kit + Addictive Drums 2
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 01:37:57 AM »
You must use the CC#4 - try searching for Addictive Drummer here on the forum.

Try this thread: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1056.0
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:47:08 AM by Trondster »
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline bobccock

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:28:50 PM »
give me your email and I'll send you the preset file and try it. you just need to copy it to the right folder.... for pc running Windows..

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 08:11:46 AM »
give me your email and I'll send you the preset file and try it. you just need to copy it to the right folder.... for pc running Windows..

hey man, can you send it to gavin_pr@hotmail.com? thanks!

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 08:24:35 AM »
have you got the default mapping set to a DM10 preset? I believe there are preset choices for DM10 and DM8 (or 7?)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 09:11:59 PM »
I just got my Sound Blaster Z installed (NICE card!). Dumb question: What does the number of samples in AD2 equate to as far as using? I obviously want the lowest latency, but I am not sure which would benefit me. I am not doing recording at this time. thanks

Offline Trondster

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 03:53:50 AM »
You want it to be as low as possible without getting any audible pops and cracks.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline ClaudioCas

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 11:41:45 AM »
If you increase the frequency to 88.2 or 96khz, the latency decrease with the same buffer size.
Of course your pc should be able to use this settings without makes pops...

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 02:50:46 PM »
Awesome, MUCH better. Next question, maybe it has been answered: Is there a preset update I can import into AD2 so that all the kits have the 4th Tom mapped and also extra cymbal? When I go through the kits I am having to learn them and it is such a pain lol. Thanks again for the help

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 12:05:24 AM »
Has anyone using AD 2 had the issue where if they hit the hi-hat, the tom closest to it (2 or 3 inches) triggers? It doesnt do it when using the factory DM10 module, but I noticed the hi-hat, one cymbal, and another Tom sometimes (random but consistent). Is this a sensitivity setting in AD2? Thanks!

Offline Trondster

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 05:42:16 AM »
If so it does it on the module too.
Watch the display and you will see that the pad briefly lights up.

This needs to be solved in the trigger settings. Increase the threshold on the other pad. You may also want to slightly increase the xtalk send on the hi-hat and/or the xtalk receive on the tom. But - avoid values of 6 and especially 7.

Troubleshoot these issues using the module alone, without any VST.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »
Thanks. I don't experience the issue when using the module, just with the vst. I'll look at the sensitivity settings in the vst and go from there.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 05:36:19 AM »
I'd rather solve the problem in the module by itself - then you have solved the problem for using the module by itself as well as using it with VST's.