Author Topic: Change module Turbo without changing kick pedal  (Read 698 times)

Change module Turbo without changing kick pedal
« on: December 09, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »
Hi!  8)

I have a Turbo mesh kit for 1 year and in general I am happy, but I wanted to change the module mainly for 2 things:
1.- I want to be able to change volume separately for each component
2.- I want to change the elements in the same kit. There are times that I like all sounds except the ride, etc.

Searching in internet, only I have found it in this forum, but I wanted a clearer answer. In Alesis the options is the DM6 or DM10 module (both old) or to buy the strike module, which is very expensive.

There is no other option without having to change the elements of the drum? Could I buy the module from another brand even if I have to change the wiring?

Thanks a lot... and sorry for my english

Offline AlanK

Re: Change module Turbo without changing kick pedal
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 01:57:14 PM »
Hi, did your kit not come with a manual? or have you not searched the Alesis website for that model's instructions?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:14:27 AM by AlanK »
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 02:53:55 PM »
Hi!  8)

I have a Turbo mesh kit for 1 year and in general I am happy, but I wanted to change the module mainly for 2 things:
2.- I want to change the elements in the same kit. There are times that I like all sounds except the ride, etc.

Searching in internet, only I have found it in this forum, but I wanted a clearer answer. In Alesis the options is the DM6 or DM10 module (both old) or to buy the strike module, which is very expensive.

There is no other option without having to change the elements of the drum? Could I buy the module from another brand even if I have to change the wiring?

If you want to continue using a "Switch" type pedal there aren't too many options other than the drum modules you mentioned as they have the ability to change trigger type from Piezo to Switch.
You will need to check the other manufacturers manuals to see if they have the ability to change the kick trigger type from Piezo to switch.
You can either modify the pedal and put a Piezo and striker in it or if you don't want to purchase a Kick pedal/Kick drum you can use a pedal like the Roland KT10 which is just as expensive as just buying a Kick pedal/Kick drum ..
either one can use practically all drum modules

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 04:19:54 AM »
Hi!  8)

If you want to continue using a "Switch" type pedal there aren't too many options other than the drum modules you mentioned as they have the ability to change trigger type from Piezo to Switch.
You will need to check the other manufacturers manuals to see if they have the ability to change the kick trigger type from Piezo to switch.
You can either modify the pedal and put a Piezo and striker in it or if you don't want to purchase a Kick pedal/Kick drum you can use a pedal like the Roland KT10 which is just as expensive as just buying a Kick pedal/Kick drum ..
either one can use practically all drum modules

Thank you Chaser,

Exactly, that's the problem.
I am afraid to change the pedal and give problems to the neighbors. I actually didn't buy the Nitro model for this reason, and I regret it because it's so much better.