Author Topic: Len's DM10 on stage !  (Read 3222 times)

Offline atclen

Len's DM10 on stage !
« on: September 15, 2012, 10:22:57 PM »
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to post this Video so you can hear my system. Also that is our bass player on drums. I'm funny about my new video system... LOL

http://youtu.be/P7hN2tohj-A
Alesis DM10 Studio Kit 8pc / USB-Midi Control Pad / 10 cymbal pads
Peavey Radial Pro 6pc Black Oil all Maple w/ K Zildjian & Paiste cymbals
60's Rogers 14" Maple snare / Ludwing 14" Chrome snare

Re: Len's DM10 on stage !
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:32:17 AM »
It's sounding great!  I enjoyed listening to your band's performance.
DM10 Pro, Mapex 500s Double Pedal, Mapex Drum Throne, Dampened Rack and 682 Drums Mesh Heads with the Hellfire Drums conversion.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »
Sounds good!

Offline atclen

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »
Thanks that means a lot to me. I have a friend next month coming in to shoot for me so I can play. I have uploaded total of 3 Video's so far.

Thanks DM for your Support !

Len

Offline Giffo

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 05:16:12 AM »
Very nice sound Len!
What sound equipment are you using for on-stage sound?
Strike Pro & DM10 Studio with mesh head conversion

Offline atclen

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
My system on stage .

Behringer Board 16/32 channel Board
Behringer UltraGraph Digital DEQ1024
Peavery CrossOver
Peavery CS800s (2) for Highs
Peavery CS1400 9 (2) for Mids
Peavery CS1800G 2) for Lows

Small clubs I use 2 SP4's and 2)SP118's
Mid size Clubs 2) SP4's and 4) SP118's
Big Clubs or Outside 4) SP4's and eight) SP118's
Plus extra amps all Peavey

Everyone on stage has in-ears Galaxy system, and my drums I have 2) SP115's we use all shure mic's and Vic (lead singer) uses a Sennheiser. I run my audio in to a Alesis recorder ( HD drive/CD burner ) cant rememeber the model #. The audio feed is stright off the Board into a patch box then into HD-DSLR camera. I run sound from the Drums . I have a head phone mix for the mains then once the sound is mixed for the club we let the show go from there. I have the Keyboard and Bass player also can play drums so it helps to get the mains right in hard clubs . Then the hole show changes when I get back their every body feels at home.

I used a bunch of different boards in the past. Some that cost way more than the Behringer. It's funny how we got the Board. Our Band trailer got broken in to and needed a board real quick and that is all they had so I bought it. When we pluged it in and made the adjustments we all looked at each other and said man that thing is clean. I have a few problems with the china pods in them, but it does sound good even for a cheap board. It is 12 yrs old next month. And it is still hanging in there. But it will need to be replaced soon.

Thanks for the reply

Len

Offline Trondster

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 12:50:28 AM »
Sounds great! But - you might want to set a fixed sound volume in your DSLR - with a fixed volume level the level won't fluctuate like that.
If you're using Canon I strongly recommend using the free Magic Lantern firmware - you won't risk anything, and you get a _lot_ of nice functionality to control the sound, exposure and what not. :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline atclen

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »
Hi Trondster

Thanks for the tip. I was not using auto on my audio. When I converted the Video in post I used a compression/gate. to help with back ground noise I think I set it wrong it was on auto.  Working with these big video files takes sometime I should have fixed it, But I had to post them could not stand it.

I'm also having a little problem with the Keyboard. Checked the level 3 or 4 times has a little noise in it at the low notes the level is not clipping not sure where the problem is. Trying to find the problem. Its not the gain I think its the cord or keyboard itself. I also found the cymbals to hot so will have to work on that. Thanks for the input and tips that is why I like this place. I might be all wrong so any input would be nice.

Thanks DM
Leonard

Offline atclen

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »
Hi Trondster

Checked out the "Magic Lantern firmware" . Wish I could use it, But I can't I'm shooting with a new Sony a55. I'm guessing on my level. I think I'm close. I would love to have a A65 or A77 maybe next year they have audio adjustments. I would change brand, but I have a lot of lens already. Thanks for the help If you see or hear anything else please drop me a line.

Leonard