Author Topic: DM10 firmware failure  (Read 1547 times)

DM10 firmware failure
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:01:21 AM »
Hi Iam using windows 10xp tried to use updater attempted to install first file i.e. boot sys. Holding down the rec when i open and get error message 'update failed. Timeout.,please retry. No other usb ports being used. Laptop restarted etc. Any ideas?

Offline Chaser

Re: DM10 firmware failure
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 03:32:23 PM »
Hi Iam using windows 10xp tried to use updater attempted to install first file i.e. boot sys. Holding down the rec when i open and get error message 'update failed. Timeout.,please retry. No other usb ports being used. Laptop restarted etc. Any ideas?

Are you releasing the record button after you choose open ?..

1) Hold down the REC button while powering on the DM10.
Windows users may see a Found New Hardware Wizard at this point – hit cancel.
It is OK to ignore any errors that you might encounter as they will not affect updating.2) Open the DM10 Updater Application
3) (Windows only) Select the DM10 USB MIDI Interface from the MIDI Interface menu. On XP this will be called USB Audio Device.
4) Choose File and then Open and choose the .syx file in the 2 - DM10 Boot folder from the downloaded update.
5)  Press and hold the Record button on the DM10 module and choose Open.Release the Record button.
6) The DM10 module will prompt to reboot.  Power off the DM10.
7)  Repeat steps 1 - 6 for each subsequent file.

These files need to be installed in a particular order. The order is as follows:
        DM10 Boot -           1dm0-boot-vx.xxx.syx
        DM10 App -            1dm0-app-vx.xxx.syx
        DM10 Triggers -       DM10_triggers_Vx.xxx.syx
        DM10 Sound ROM - DM10_sound_rom-Vx.xx.syx

The installation is complete once all the files have been installed and the DM10 asks you to reboot a final time.
Note: If the update fails, DO NOT power down the DM10.  Instead, repeat the procedure above from step 2 onward.

Alesis DM10 Update Instructions

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 03:41:52 PM »
HI, I have held the rec when i power on and then release to no avail. I even used an old  laptop that has windows 7 and same result. I have followed all then instructions to the letter. Pretty given up tbh. I have bought a ddrum trigger to see if i can mount it on the snare to at least getcsome use out of the kit. If it works i will do the same for the other drums. Cheaper than buying a new kit. Defo never buy anything alesis again given the probs it seems everyone has.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 05:08:43 PM »
HI, I have held the rec when i power on and then release to no avail. I even used an old  laptop that has windows 7 and same result. I have followed all then instructions to the letter. Pretty given up tbh. I have bought a ddrum trigger to see if i can mount it on the snare to at least getcsome use out of the kit. If it works i will do the same for the other drums. Cheaper than buying a new kit. Defo never buy anything alesis again given the probs it seems everyone has.

Alesis products have class compliant drivers..

Usually when it's a timeout issue it's a communication one..
When it's happening on multiple computers/OS it sounds like the USB cable or module..

Do you see the module listed in Device manager or in Windows 10 under Control Panel>hardware and devices?

To verify that the device is working, and is being seen by the computer…

On Windows, open the Device Manager.
Power off/Disconnect the module from the computer, count to 5, then reconnect.Power on.
Does the list of devices at all change, refresh, or flash?

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 01:14:25 AM »
Hi mate, try to hold down the record properly before clicking the open file. that will work.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
Nope nothing suggested works