Author Topic: Mesh Kick Retriggering  (Read 1847 times)

Mesh Kick Retriggering
« on: August 24, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
I have since completed my mesh head conversions and these are all working great, except the kick - despite trying all varieties of settings, I am getting quite frequent double-triggering on the kick (due to extra rebound?), and the only way I seem to be able to stop this is by loosening the mesh head, which changes the feel entirely!

Is there anything I can do to the physical structure of the pad... add foam or something else?

Offline JimmyB

Re: Mesh Kick Retriggering
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »
A felt beater on a kick patch will help but it will make considerably more noise.
JimmyB

Offline Marctwo

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »
I just pack foam behind the impact point.

Offline vappicewins

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
I have since completed my mesh head conversions and these are all working great, except the kick - despite trying all varieties of settings, I am getting quite frequent double-triggering on the kick (due to extra rebound?), and the only way I seem to be able to stop this is by loosening the mesh head, which changes the feel entirely!

Is there anything I can do to the physical structure of the pad... add foam or something else?

What conversion did you use please?  I used AHayden82's and have not had the problem at all.  I did have the problem when I set the retrigger and threshold settings too high, but once I readjusted that, it went away.  But you said you had checked and that wasn't the case. 

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 02:43:27 PM »
I added a single layer of charcoal 1/4 foam on top of plate & added mesh head.. I flipped beaters around to the plastic side... Works great!

I also bought falam slam patch incase I ever use the felt side.. But I've not used the patch yet since I ended up not having any issues.
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:
Bluejay in Module & EZdrummer 2 on laptop