Author Topic: Alesis Realhead dualzone pad with Yamaha Multi-12?  (Read 2856 times)

Alesis Realhead dualzone pad with Yamaha Multi-12?
« on: July 08, 2010, 11:12:11 PM »
Hello fellows!

I have a Multi-12 Yamaha percussion pad... And I would like to add an
auxiliary snare in the 3 zone input of the module... I just recently discovered
the Alesis realhead dual zone pad , but the question is...
Does the pad works well with the Multi-12 ?
Does it recognize the rim and center functions in the pad?
And what would happend when the mesh pad crack or must change it? Im concerned about this cause I dont live in USA nor Canada , and it would be difficult for me to get another mesh pad... can I use a normal head in replace???

Thanks in advance!

Online Hellfire

Re: Alesis Realhead dualzone pad with Yamaha Multi-12?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »
Hello fellows!

I have a Multi-12 Yamaha percussion pad... And I would like to add an
auxiliary snare in the 3 zone input of the module... I just recently discovered
the Alesis realhead dual zone pad , but the question is...
Does the pad works well with the Multi-12 ?
Does it recognize the rim and center functions in the pad?
And what would happend when the mesh pad crack or must change it? Im concerned about this cause I dont live in USA nor Canada , and it would be difficult for me to get another mesh pad... can I use a normal head in replace???

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum Feuerlink.

You will need a Yamaha three zone pad in order to get all three zones to function. Yamaha uses a piezo/switch/switch type pad. The Alesis dual zone realhead pads are piezo/piezo. Which means, only the head zone would work in the Multi-12. Also, keep in mind that the Alesis dual zone realhead pads use real mylar drum heads, not mesh. I hope that helps. 

Again, welcome to the forum.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:21:16 AM »
thanks!!! I get it...
Just to be clear... Can I replece the head with a regular head? like an hidraulic for example? or what is the difference with the mylard head? Im sorry I have not heared of that kind of head before...

Thanks for the welcome by the way!

take care

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »
thanks!!! I get it...
Just to be clear... Can I replece the head with a regular head? like an hidraulic for example? or what is the difference with the mylard head? Im sorry I have not heared of that kind of head before...

Thanks for the welcome by the way!

take care
Yes, you can replace it with any standard drum head. Mylar is just a type of plastic. Most standard single layer heads use that type of plastic.

Keep in mind if you use that pad only the one zone (head zone) will work.