Author Topic: Dm Dock? Hellfire was right  (Read 52005 times)

Offline vaikl

Re: Dm Dock? Hellfire was right
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2014, 10:21:42 AM »
Check out what Alesis just posted on YouTube:
Sep 2014
http://youtu.be/6u0x8caFNlA
DMdock w/ DM touch app on a sweet Mesh kit!

Thanks for the head-up!
If you don't like the demo sounding, then pick the next video with much better audio and more demos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJkdSjBOfRk (unfortunately it's Italian, but with english captions).

« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »
This explains why no DM10 2.0 OS update &/or lack of DM10 sound sets.

Real slick Alesis, nice way to force an upgrade... They must be talking notes from apple  8)
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:
Bluejay in Module & EZdrummer 2 on laptop

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2014, 07:54:10 AM »
Thanks for the head-up!
If you don't like the demo sounding, then pick the next video with much better audio and more demos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJkdSjBOfRk (unfortunately it's Italian, but with english captions).

Good video. Just keep in mind that video is for the DMtouch app only. That user is not using a DMdock. He is using an IOdock with a Medeli module for his trigger interface.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2014, 07:59:06 AM »
This explains why no DM10 2.0 OS update &/or lack of DM10 sound sets.

Not really. I can see why it would look this way now, but the DM10 is five years old. Personnel has changed twice since the DM10 was released. New team, new ideas. The DM10 was left to languish because it wasn't the baby of the people running the edrum department after the turn overs.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2014, 08:42:59 AM »
Quote from: Hellfire link=topic=2457.msg36700#msg36700 date
Cool video, but that is NOT the DMdock. He is using the DMtouch app, but he is using it with a TMI and IOdock. His TMI looks to be a Simmons SD7K module (or similar) which is a Medeli module. You can see it under his second rack tom.
Maybe i'm "alesified" now ;) but i didn't take a look at the kit because i see the DMtouch app as a now completely separate product that doesn't need the DMdock. The dock needs an app (or a computer with drum software over MIDI out), that's the other side of the coin.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »
Quote from: Hellfire link=topic=2457.msg36700#msg36700 date
Cool video, but that is NOT the DMdock. He is using the DMtouch app, but he is using it with a TMI and IOdock. His TMI looks to be a Simmons SD7K module (or similar) which is a Medeli module. You can see it under his second rack tom.
Maybe i'm "alesified" now ;) but i didn't take a look at the kit because i see the DMtouch app as a now completely separate product that doesn't need the DMdock. The dock needs an app (or a computer with drum software over MIDI out), that's the other side of the coin.

I agree the DMtouch app doesn't need the DMdock. I do think it is still important enough to point out that this particular video doesn't use a DMdock just in case down the road users complain complain about latency or some other TMI like issues. That way we can say it isn't (or is) the DMtouch app because in this video shows it working just fine. That is my main reason for pointing it out (and the fact the most will not notice that is an IOdock & not a DMdock).

Video Review
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2014, 07:04:51 PM »