Author Topic: DWe New Edrum  (Read 1098 times)

Offline ChrisK

DWe New Edrum
« on: November 04, 2022, 12:03:12 AM »
No cable on cymbals\drums, all wireless. it's computer based, you need a laptop sound card to run it, regular DW kit came with regular head or ehead, little box to allow wireless plugged to computer with soundworks software, drums have been recorded with several mic. You can bend the head with the stick, pitch change, and snare strainers on\off. DWe you can trigs anything module, software etc..​But apparently you can trigs module too, the little box might have midi.

https://youtu.be/aa9Rd1GOLoQ?t=2003
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 07:49:13 AM by ChrisK »

Offline Hellfire

Re: DWe New Edrum
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 04:50:06 PM »
No cable on cymbals\drums, all wireless. it's computer based, you need a laptop sound card to run it, regular DW kit came with regular head or ehead, little box to allow wireless plugged to computer with soundworks software, drums have been recorded with several mic. You can bend the head with the stick, pitch change, and snare strainers on\off. DWe you can trigs anything module, software etc..​But apparently you can trigs module too, the little box might have midi.

https://youtu.be/r_zxob4LHCU?t=2290

This DW stuff is really cool, however I don't see it as a major game changer in the edrum community. At least not in the near future. This tech will only be on the high end of edrum kits. Heck, DW isn't cheap. BTW, not needing a module is nothing new. Rick Allen of Def Leppard has been using pads plugged in to sound cards for at least a decade or more.

This seem more like prosumer to pro level equipment right now. I'm guessing this will be on kits that are in the 10K and up range of edrums. That's not cost effective enough to be widely excepted in the edrum community. Yes, it's great eye candy for those that wish they had the money to buy, but I just don't see this being in a cost effective range  ($2,000 and down) for a few years.

And one more observation (which makes it look even more high end), this looks to be a complete ecosystem (think Apple Mac). Not a universal tech that you can "bring your own" pads to. Just my two cents.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 08:01:43 AM »

https://youtu.be/r_zxob4LHCU?t=2290

This DW stuff is really cool, however I don't see it as a major game changer in the edrum community. At least not in the near future. This tech will only be on the high end of edrum kits. Heck, DW isn't cheap. BTW, not needing a module is nothing new. Rick Allen of Def Leppard has been using pads plugged in to sound cards for at least a decade or more.

This seem more like prosumer to pro level equipment right now. I'm guessing this will be on kits that are in the 10K and up range of edrums. That's not cost effective enough to be widely excepted in the edrum community. Yes, it's great eye candy for those that wish they had the money to buy, but I just don't see this being in a cost effective range  ($2,000 and down) for a few years.

And one more observation (which makes it look even more high end), this looks to be a complete ecosystem (think Apple Mac). Not a universal tech that you can "bring your own" pads to. Just my two cents.

I agree, it's not something I am interrested once there is computer involved, it's a turn off for me, but at least you can use this with any module, without the computer. I am pretty sure, you will see next generation of Roland kit with wireless, once DW product will be useless.

Video have been updated with proper sound without copression https://youtu.be/aa9Rd1GOLoQ?t=2003

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 08:47:11 PM »
DWe Kit Category added to DW site..

Artisan DW Drums meet handcrafted technology

Acoustic-electronic convertible drums equipped with authentic DW sounds, ground-breaking wireless innovation, and handcrafted drum shells that have made DW The Drummers Choice? since 1972.

https://www.dwdrums.com/dwe

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 10:19:44 PM »
DWe is being released within the next couple of weeks.
Software may be available separately

"DW Soundworks puts the most authentic drum sounds in the hands of creators everywhere.This revolutionary software is a virtual instrument that equips drummers, multi-instrumentalists, and producers with a sonic canvas to find just the right drum sound."​

DWe e33 Series

Acoustic. Electronic. All DW.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 11:50:46 PM »
Too much expensive, 8k wrap version, 10k finish version, and no sound module, you need laptop to run it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 12:12:29 AM by ChrisK »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 10:32:48 AM »
Too much expensive, 8k wrap version, 10k finish version, and no sound module, you need laptop to run it.

Agreed..I guess we'll see how it will be received...Updated/Upgraded Versatrigger wireless system and DWSoundworks is Updated/Upgraded Perfect Drums

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 10:50:10 AM »

Agreed..I guess we'll see how it will be received...[/b]

No surprise here.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 12:22:30 PM »

Agreed..I guess we'll see how it will be received...[/b]

No surprise here.

The product don't worth for what it bring, the most thing it have it's the wireless, but Roland will have it on their next flagship TD60, supposed to be next year, I don't see the point to buy this when you will be later, and it's only wireless things, vst and module exist since long time.

Also some tested, hihat is meh atm, and the metal cymbal eating stick, too much hard, noisy,  no rim protection on toms.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 03:28:44 PM by ChrisK »

Offline Sharkuel

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2023, 11:12:09 AM »
Pretty cool tech.

But that price is like the devil-child of DW's pricing scheme with Roland's. lol Best of both worlds, at least for the company.

But I am happy with my homemade kit, plus those cymbals must be loud as hell due to the metal/plastic combo.
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2023, 11:48:59 AM »
Without a doubt, the DWe e33 is probably the best Edrum actually!! but with this price tag, I am sure I will never seeing it in real one day!! Maybe only ONE drum store in my country will have it for demo, And no one will going to buy it with this price tag, except one or two dentist! like we saying in my country: technological advancement is only valuable if it is shared by everyone
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 12:04:34 PM by Mikevdrums »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2023, 12:08:55 PM »
Without a doubt, the DWe e33 is probably the best Edrum actually!! but with this price tag, I am sure I will never seeing it in real one day!! Maybe only ONE drum store in my country will have it for demo, And no one will going to buy it with this price tag, except one or two dentist! like we saying in my country: technological advancement is only valuable if it is shared by everyone

You cannot say it's the best, it's a midi controller as base, not fully complete product, many don't like metal cymbal, they are loud, the only things is the wireless. Roland will have it and this product will loose dramatically momentum.

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2023, 02:44:34 PM »
Yes you are right!! ROLAND will use the wireless technologie in their futur TD-60 (or TD-70) first, but with a 9000$ Price tag!! The problem will be the same, i will never see it in drum store!! (For exemple At this time, I never see a TD-50 or TD-27 Line in a music store in my country) probably ROLAND will introduce (in 4 or 5 years) the successors of TD-27 with wireless technology!! But I think ROLAND will keep their patented flagship technology only for their patented flagship drum for the next 25 years (like the positional sensing, who was only for their flagship module since 1997: TD-10, TD-8, TD-20, TD-12, TD-30, TD-25, TD-50, TD-27)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 02:48:20 PM by Mikevdrums »

Offline Sharkuel

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 07:51:52 AM »
I believe DW saw Efnote selling a kit for 9000$ and where like "Yeah we can go that high."

The differences is that Efnote comes with a LOT of components, a great-sounding module and a stage-box.

DW in other hand comes with a 5 piece kit and doesn't have a module. You need a laptop with a considerable processor and ram-size.

I dunno, even with all that tech, I see for example a Drum-Tec kit with a Pearl Mimic module a better value than this. Wireless is just a gimmick that can be easily implemented in the future if the technology for it actually evolves. I don't see for example Roland creating kits with proprietary peripherals that work exclusively with the latest gen.

But at this point, I expect everything.
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever