Author Topic: SD3 hi hat import issue  (Read 1194 times)

SD3 hi hat import issue
« on: February 16, 2022, 01:02:12 PM »
So I've imported some cymbal samples from sd3 via lustark and the ride, crashes, and China all came out excellent. The hi hats...not so great.  For some reason I got .HBC samples, but no bow open samples. I got the HEC. samples and only 3 edge open samples. I'm new to all of this and have a lot to learn.

Offline Chaser

Re: SD3 hi hat import issue
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 08:20:53 PM »
So I've imported some cymbal samples from sd3 via lustark and the ride, crashes, and China all came out excellent. The hi hats...not so great.  For some reason I got .HBC samples, but no bow open samples. I got the HEC. samples and only 3 edge open samples. I'm new to all of this and have a lot to learn.

I don't know which expansion you are using since you didn't mention it.
In SD3..highlight the Hi Hat  (click on it)..upper right you'll see articulations... if there are Open Bow articulations/sounds it will usually be listed as "Open Tip"...make sure they are turned on..If the Hi Hat doesn't have an Open Bow Articulation/Sound you may only see Edge (open/closed) and different levels of Open..
Not all expansions/kits have all the Hi Hat articulations/sounds..especially the Metal Kits as you may only see a number of articulations/sounds.. closed  edge..closed tip..tight edge.. tight tip etc....Tip = Bow

EDIT:
Added Images
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 11:21:44 PM by Chaser »

Re: SD3 hi hat import issue
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 06:48:04 AM »
Thanks I think that should fix it