Author Topic: Dm10 Pro MK2 module  (Read 1143 times)

Dm10 Pro MK2 module
« on: March 07, 2020, 05:40:39 PM »
Is there a way to preview sounds on my machine without having it hooked up to the drum set so you can sit in a chair and go through it without having to be at the drum set.  thank you

Re: Dm10 Pro MK2 module
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
Nevermind I went right to Alesis and they said you can't it has to be hooked up so that's the answer to that thanks anyway guys

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 03:58:09 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. It is often uncomfortable and painstaking just trying to work with sounds while sitting at the kit. Constantly leaning over.

My suggestion, while maybe a bit tedious, grab yourself one pad off the kit and sit down at a table with your headphones. Now just plug in one input at a time into that pad and work on each sound.
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 04:01:27 PM »
I have quite a few modules that don't have a select/preview.
I just use a small keyboard (MIDI IN) or use a single trigger and scroll through the voices or testing added sample/playback while sitting at the Studio desk..
You can also USB connect to a computer and use the computer keyboard or use a Windows tablet..an iPad/iPhone etc with a USB camera kit with an app that has MIDI capabilities.

The DM10 MKII Pro is also supposed to be able to also send audio through USB , but to date I still haven't had anyone confirm it yet.

"USB MIDI/Audio Port: Connect this USB port to a computer using a standard USB cable. The drum module will send MIDI messages and audio to and from your computer over this connection."

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 09:56:42 AM »
Couldn't you take the module on its own to wherever you're comfortable, with your headphones, and just arrow around the screen with the jog wheel/up,down,right,left buttons? I don't think it has to be physically attached to any pads or cymbals to work on it. Mind you, I have the DM10 so can't be certain for yours
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 11:46:55 AM »
Couldn't you take the module on its own to wherever you're comfortable, with your headphones, and just arrow around the screen with the jog wheel/up,down,right,left buttons? I don't think it has to be physically attached to any pads or cymbals to work on it. Mind you, I have the DM10 so can't be certain for yours

You can do all that including editing but you can't hear the drum sample/voice.You can only hear onboard songs using the start/stop button.
The newer generation of modules Crimson/II,Command, DM10 MKII Studio,Forge (DD650 rebrands) etc including the DM10 MKII Pro and STRIKE don't have a preview button like the original DM10.You have to trigger the sample/voice.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 01:58:59 PM »
Well, that's just plain ridiculous! (that they don't let you preview the sound on the module).. in the words of my dear young Greta Thunberg.. "how dare they!" (ok, I paraphrased it a bit...)  lol
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 02:17:08 PM »
Well, that's just plain ridiculous! (that they don't let you preview the sound on the module).. in the words of my dear young Greta Thunberg.. "how dare they!" (ok, I paraphrased it a bit...)  lol

lol...the "no preview" is annoying.
I am sure a lot of drummers would like to be able to take the module with them for creating/editing etc.especially since majority of them have the DB25 harness now so it's a simple disconnect.I would have taken one and a set of headphones to Jury Duty last week...
You can preview the Instruments/Voices in the STRIKE module if you are using the editor,but that means you are still connected to something (computer)

Offline AlanK

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 04:11:14 PM »
plus, if you had a lawyer with a sense of humour maybe they'd say "can I get a drum roll?" and you could then provide them with one with one touch of the finger

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 02:29:07 PM »
JB here. A newby. Studio DM 10.

Experience same frustration with tuning pads  /setting up kits.

]I love your idea on how to do this.

struggling with MIDI/computer stuff.

Joined ADummer to find help on all of that.

Read that DM10 can be touchy and just shut down. Had this happen once. only play at home, not a big deal.

Have one god set and use it only. Want to add to it and create new sets.

Thanks for tip