Author Topic: Alesis DM10 and DM10X Mesh Kits  (Read 4046 times)

Alesis DM10 and DM10X Mesh Kits
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:18:34 PM »
Studio: http://www.alesis.com/dm10-studio-mesh
DM10X: http://www.alesis.com/dm10-x-mesh

Saw these finally posted on the website. I will be getting a kit later this year but for the price of the original kits it may be better to buy one with Mylar heads and do the conversion myself to save a few hundred. If anyone finds reviews on these kits, especially a comparison between old with mesh conversion and new models please post them.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:24:52 PM by DarkDeveloper »

Offline Khes74

Re: Alesis DM10 and DM10X Mesh Kits
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 05:32:55 PM »
You must live in Europe- These kits are not available in the U.S.A due to Rolands Patent. The way these pads with mesh head are using four different cones. I'm sure it triggers well but playability... not that good. Whenever you hit a cone it piezo spikes resulting in a loud noise. Now this may not be an issue since the pads have four cones in them instead of the traditional one that Roland uses. None the less hitting the cones would feel dead to a player. The popular Hellfire conversion( for the kits with Mylar heads) works by using foam inside the pad as the transition between the piezo and and drum head. This results in better playability and smoother feeling heads. So personally I would try the mesh head kits out and if you don't like em go the regular Mylar head and convert.I would absolutely  go with the Dm10x, the pads on the Dm10 studio are very small.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 01:15:43 PM »
I have the DM10 Studio kit and ordered the 682drums mesh cone conversion "black". it should be here in a week or so.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:15:24 PM »
Also keep in mind The hellfire mod is useless on DM10X 12" pads. So it's good you went for the studio kit if you are going the hellfire route.
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:
Bluejay in Module & EZdrummer 2 on laptop