Author Topic: Gloves?  (Read 2914 times)

Offline VandalX

Gloves?
« on: March 30, 2018, 01:03:07 AM »
Do any of my fellow Alesis players use drum gloves? I used to all the time with acoustic drums, and I'm now figuring out how to use them with e-drums. Poking at the module (MKII Pro) isn't a problem, but I rarely adjust those settings as I'm using Addictive Drummer 2, and using my laptop to control everything. I use a Macbook with a trackpad and that trackpad requires my bare fingers to operate it. Easy option is to cut off the fingers or use a mouse . But I was wondering if anyone has created a finger pad that offers this functionality? Some sort of wrap akin to a bandaid or ring that would allow for laptop operation with full-fingered gloves. I have several pair of winter gloves with this "technology" but they're heavy and not useful for playing the drums!

Just curious.
Alesis DM 10 MKII Pro (with Tama Iron Cobra double). Pearl Export acoustic. Fostex VF160EX Digital multitrack (16). Fostex monitors. Roland TR-626 drum machine. Roland Juno 106 Poly synth. Aria Knight Warrior. Peavy Fury. Digitech GNX3000. Digitech RP360. Tascam Porta 05 four track. MacBook Air.

Re: Gloves?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 03:50:54 AM »
I use lightweight compression gloves you know the Copper infused type, with silicon grips on the inside.  They are 3/4 length so your finger tips are exposed to operate screens etc.  Now my sticks dont slip out of my hands !

Re: Gloves?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 09:55:04 AM »
I'm currently using Zildjian gloves, they the fingertip tech that lets me operate my iPhone.