Author Topic: AD2 Questions using DM10X Mesh  (Read 1453 times)

AD2 Questions using DM10X Mesh
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
Hi I had a few questions

On the main mixer I don't see any level sliders for Cymbals?

No matter how hard I hit each drum the yellow meter on the levels barely goes up to 10%.  If I just hit the play button in AD2 and listen to the demo track all of the drum voices show proper levels.  Why are the DM10's levels so low?

Offline AlanK

Re: AD2 Questions using DM10X Mesh
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:37:41 AM »
Are the levels ok if you use just the DM10 module? If so, maybe check your default levels in the Mapping menu, see if each instrument is set too low. If they're ok, from one of the kit screens, go to the Instruments screen (I forget if that's the actual name, but it's the next over from the screen that shows you the drum kit choices) and see if the individual instruments are low.. and by the way, that's where you can adjust the cymbals.. on each main kit screen (the main Adpak screens) you can adjust the kick, snare and hi-hat easily on the fly but not the rest of the instruments..mind you, maybe overhead will bring up the cymbals all together).

Lastly, if all volume and sensitivity levels are up at normal ranges, is it the output of the mix that's low? I mean, when I use AD2, I'm going through my audio interface and so I have to make sure I'm dialed in loud enough there plus the computer's volume is up enough.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Re: AD2 Questions using DM10X Mesh
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »
I didn't realize there were default levels in the mapping menu.  There's so much going on in that area that I must have missed them.  That's where I'll calibrate the cymbals too.  I'll check tonight and get back to you.  Thanks for the quick reply!