Author Topic: Alesis Combination for VST  (Read 2798 times)

Alesis Combination for VST
« on: June 02, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »
Hi all!

Been a while since I posted on the forums, but I'm diving back in.

I'm looking at possibly doing a DIY conversion with my acoustic kit and was looking at options for the triggering into a VST. Right now, I've been looking at EZDrummer 2 as the VST I might go with.

I don't necessarily need a full blown module as if I'm using the VST, the internal sounds don't matter that much.

What I was thinking was possibly using the SamplePad Pro together with a Trigger IO/DDTi to get all the inputs together. I haven't decided which device would output MIDI to the next. Maybe the SamplePad Pro output to the Trigger IO. Then the Trigger IO outputs to the VST. Just in case someone is wondering, I would like to use the multipad functionality in addition to the extra inputs the SamplePad Pro offers.

I think that should give me plenty of inputs between the two devices and still allow for a 3 zone ride (via 2 inputs), etc.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Is there something that I might be missing in terms of functionality?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Alesis Combination for VST
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 09:51:23 AM »
Ever figure this out? I'm thinking of abandoning my module and just using the DDTI TRIGGER INTERFACE, my DAW and Addictive Drums, Perfect Drums, SSD, etc