Author Topic: Drum Pause  (Read 1752 times)

Online AlanK

Drum Pause
« on: December 05, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »
Had to tear down and pack up my kit yesterday, it was a sad moment.. but we bought a house and we're moving in a couple weeks and we needed the basement floor space to pile boxes and bins...sighhhhh... gonna have separation anxiety! hahahaha

But, at least when we get into our house I've got a private room in the basement for my gear.. was the fourth bedroom and my teens were fighting over it until I said "when one of you can cough up 10,000 bucks towards the downpayment we'll talk.. felt good to say no (am I evil??).. I'm putting a lock on the door, and also our beer fridge and liquor is going in there with me.. tired of my oldest drinking half my booze and never restocking it!

I'm getting a drum cave! Hope to have us moved in before xmas and get my gear up before new years
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

Re: Drum Pause
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »
Bitter sweet man! My oldest stopped drinking, so I've got that going for me.  ;D
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:22:25 PM »
Congrats on the new cave!

Online AlanK

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:24:44 AM »
Thanks! I'm almost set up.. a few bins and boxes to clear out. But drums are good to go and my retro old skewl stereo hooked back up, got my old albums and tapes, and a nice chair to chill back in and hide from the family!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 04:10:13 PM »
I especially like the closeness of the bar and fridge!
DM10 Pro X Mesh kit, Behringer Eurolive 1220 monitor, Tama Speed Cobra pedal, ProX hi hat, Pearl Throne Thumper

Online AlanK

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 08:38:54 AM »
I especially like the closeness of the bar and fridge!

hahaha, glad you caught that! got four kids in the house, 3 of 'em 19 to 23.. don't want any of them drinking my booze! The two boys were going through my beer in our last place and didn't feel obligated to replace it ever so this time it's all under lock and key and out of sight  8)

Offline Iggford

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 12:47:05 PM »
Very nice setup!  I'm confined to a corner when I have my kit set up at home.  It works, though.  We've got four kids ranging from 14 down to 5 months.  The two middle ones want to learn how to play, so I've been able to teach them how to treat an instrument. 

My ultimate goal is an outbuilding for my equipment, eventually leading to a recording studio.