Author Topic: Alesis Nitro w/ Strike Dual Zone Cymbal  (Read 1644 times)

Alesis Nitro w/ Strike Dual Zone Cymbal
« on: November 24, 2020, 01:14:21 PM »
Hello all, First time poster here. I have a 14" Dual Zone Strike Cymbal I purchased new off reverb to see if I could make it work on my Nitro mesh. The idea was to sacrifice 1 dual zone tom for the dual zone cymbal. May not work and I've tried playing with the setting.
One zone works so it is my ride but I'd love to be able to trigger a crash as well.
Any suggestions or knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, J

Offline Chaser

Re: Alesis Nitro w/ Strike Dual Zone Cymbal
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 02:11:06 PM »
Hello all, First time poster here. I have a 14" Dual Zone Strike Cymbal I purchased new off reverb to see if I could make it work on my Nitro mesh. The idea was to sacrifice 1 dual zone tom for the dual zone cymbal. May not work and I've tried playing with the setting.
One zone works so it is my ride but I'd love to be able to trigger a crash as well.
Any suggestions or knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, J

The 14"  Strike Cymbal is actually a single cable Triple Zone (3)...it's just not advertised.
The Nitro module (Medeli DD512) does not have the ability to change trigger types..Piezo or Switch....Tom 4 is PP (Piezo/Piezo) for the Tip and the Ring.
Ring on a cymbal is "Switch type".. Bell/Edge.
You would need a splitter (Y cable) TRS to TS/TS...then the Ring would be Tip/Piezo and you would get the Bow on a cymbal.
Tom inputs do not support choke function..

Re: Alesis Nitro w/ Strike Dual Zone Cymbal
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 03:12:42 PM »
Hi Chaser, Thanks. I'll try that.