Author Topic: ATV aD-H14 settings with Alesis Nitro Mesh  (Read 632 times)

ATV aD-H14 settings with Alesis Nitro Mesh
« on: November 19, 2020, 11:06:04 PM »
Does anyone have experience pairing a ATV aD-H14 HH with the Alesis Nitro Mesh?  It is powered and connected properly.  When I have the ATV aD-H14 controller turned on, I only get a HH closed sound.  As soon as I turn it on, I only get the open sound. Appreciate any help. Thanks!!

Offline Chaser

Re: ATV aD-H14 settings with Alesis Nitro Mesh
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:21:33 AM »
Does anyone have experience pairing a ATV aD-H14 HH with the Alesis Nitro Mesh?  It is powered and connected properly.  When I have the ATV aD-H14 controller turned on, I only get a HH closed sound.  As soon as I turn it on, I only get the open sound. Appreciate any help. Thanks!!

The ATV aD-H14 Hi-Hat uses an active (powered) optical hi-hat control and sends out different voltage levels between open/closed pedal instead of plain resistance.
Modules like the Pearl Mimic and Roland TD50/30 can read it as it emulates a VH13 and those modules have settings to adjust for it.
Zourman makes adapter boxes for use with the Drummit modules but you are not going to have much luck using a an entry level module that doesn't  have Hi Hat calibration or advanced Hi Hat settings and uses a Hybrid open/closed/variable type pedal.