Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Guinness

« on: December 31, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »
I imagine you're tired of seeing "Newbie" in the intro's, but well... it describes me perfectly.

Hey there. I'm Guinness. Being playing accoustic for years... mostly in college. Age: 41. Married, kids, the whole nine yards. My accoustic set collects dust and cobwebs in the backyard shed. (Too loud for inside + we don't have the room.)

For my recent Birthday, my wife bought me an Ion rockstar e-drum set. The sounds were pretty good, but it only lasted about 2 days. One head started to fail, and then the headphones jack broke. So, I returned it. I read and expected the Ion kit to break, so I wasn't dissappointed. But playing, gave me the bug again!!!
So, I purchased Alesis' DM5 Pro kit. (DM5, not DM5pro) Just set up the kit last night. The samples aren't that great. The Ion sounded better (same module as the DM6). Further, the learning curve on getting custom kit/some tweeking is a bit high. I'm learning.

Speaking of which, and this is why I'm here. I need to learn.

So, thanks for having me. ttl on other threads.

Offline Hellfire

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 01:53:39 PM »
I imagine you're tired of seeing "Newbie" in the intro's, but well... it describes me perfectly.

Hey there. I'm Guinness. Being playing accoustic for years... mostly in college. Age: 41. Married, kids, the whole nine yards. My accoustic set collects dust and cobwebs in the backyard shed. (Too loud for inside + we don't have the room.)

For my recent Birthday, my wife bought me an Ion rockstar e-drum set. The sounds were pretty good, but it only lasted about 2 days. One head started to fail, and then the headphones jack broke. So, I returned it. I read and expected the Ion kit to break, so I wasn't dissappointed. But playing, gave me the bug again!!!
So, I purchased Alesis' DM5 Pro kit. (DM5, not DM5pro) Just set up the kit last night. The samples aren't that great. The Ion sounded better (same module as the DM6). Further, the learning curve on getting custom kit/some tweeking is a bit high. I'm learning.

Speaking of which, and this is why I'm here. I need to learn.

So, thanks for having me. ttl on other threads.

I'm glad you found your way here. ;D Welcome aboard Guinness!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 02:39:04 PM »
LOL...  Hellfire... you've seen my "intro" three times now.

who knew there were so many edrum forums.   ;D

Offline ghostman

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 06:24:03 PM »
Yup, lotsa forums..  I'm on the usual ones, too..  welcome, and good luck on your edrum adventure.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.