Author Topic: Adding tubes and an extra leg  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Th3R00st3r

Adding tubes and an extra leg
« on: April 12, 2016, 11:03:58 AM »
OK, I am starting to attempt to expand the kit a little. I have the DM10 Studio and havn't added anything to it yet. I have a performance pad pro, and an extra cymbal I will add, and then build up from that.

Here's my question. I bouth 2 curved tubes (24") and an extra leg and come clamps. The idea was to disconnect the existing curved tube from one side, add the extra leg and then extend the front by adding the 2 new curved tubes making the front approx. 48".

Anyone else done this? Any photos you could provide?

Thanks
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline AlanK

Re: Adding tubes and an extra leg
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:59:31 AM »
So, you're kinda looking to put together something..like this?? LOL
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 12:04:59 PM »
By the way, if you haven't bought the cymbal yet... I just bought a 14" crash from 682Drums, it was about 99 bucks, came in about 4 days, remarkably.. and it's the exact same unit that Alesis sells just doesn't have the name stamped on it.. they're excellent and can't beat the price.. closest I found here in my city was the 16" ride at about $169.. the same store I go to only seems to get the lower end Alesis cymbals (like the top hat from the Pro X). Anyways, I bought a 12" crash from them after I purchased their mesh/cone conversion kit, they've been great for me product-wise and being great to communicate and deal with, so I decided to buy another size.. using the two of them at my friend's where I've built up another e-kit but had crappy cymbals.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »
Um...no HAHA

I bought a replacement crash for @$40 off ebay as the other crash wouldn't choke anymore. I fixed it once, then it happened again and I said screw it. So now I have the non working choke cymbal as an extra crash I was going to mount somewhere.

I also want to add a laptop mount as well...
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 11:07:59 PM »
OK, I am starting to attempt to expand the kit a little. I have the DM10 Studio and haven't added anything to it yet. I have a performance pad pro, and an extra cymbal I will add, and then build up from that.

Here's my question. I bought 2 curved tubes (24") and an extra leg and come clamps. The idea was to disconnect the existing curved tube from one side, add the extra leg and then extend the front by adding the 2 new curved tubes making the front approx. 48".

Check this link for some possible rack config ideas: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6321.msg43699#msg43699

You could simply attach your extra tubes to the LHS rack leg and mount the performance pad and cymbal/s to it.

I'd tend to keep the existing cymbals in the same layout and obviously cable lengths limit relocating the module .   

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 04:58:11 PM »
Thanks rhysT, that helps.