Author Topic: Piezo source w/out destruction...  (Read 1566 times)

Piezo source w/out destruction...
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:12:48 AM »
I noticed that most all the videos on acoustic-electric conversions use the Radio Shack piezo that is in the plastic case.  That is way more work than is necessary and there is potential to kill the piezo too!  Check out link below for raw piezos!  They have 1/4" jacks as well and other parts.  While you are there, might as well buy or make a Cigar Box Guitar!  Lol!!

https://www.cbgitty.com/cigar-box-guitar-parts/pickups/3-pack-27mm-piezos-with-leads/

Re: Piezo source w/out destruction...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 06:20:12 AM »
Yeah pulling the peizo out of the little radio shack buzzers is a pain.  There are plenty of places to buy piezo transducers.  Aside from the website you mentioned there is also mouser.com, digikey.com, jameco.com, Newark.com.  There is also users on ebay that sell them.  I personally have used mouser.com, and newark.com to order all types of electronics parts.  So I can vouch for how good those companies are with online orders. 

Offline Dobly

Re: Piezo source w/out destruction...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 08:30:39 AM »
I bought 10 if them on ebay from some Asian seller. Took a few weeks to come it but I got 10 of them for around $7 AU (Which is about $4 US)