Author Topic: Alesis DM10 conversions (mylar to mesh)  (Read 2111 times)

Alesis DM10 conversions (mylar to mesh)
« on: November 22, 2015, 01:54:01 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a proud new owner of Alesis DM10 Studio kit (the one with the 10" snare). Got it used for 450€ and must say that I am really happy with the buy so far.

After 3 days of constant tinkering of triggers etc. I think I got a pretty proper set now. The only thing that's bothering me are the mylar heads... I am not a drummer per say but I play many other instruments and I played the drums in high school. Which means I am no pro in terms of feel of the drum but these mylars just aren't working for me.

So I decided to go mesh. I read all the possible conversions (probably not all of them but close...) and am torn between the cone conversion and the "silencer inlay" (drum-tec).

I have no problems with Hellfire's conversion nor with the 682 method as I am an engineer so DIY is pretty much all I do everyday :)
What I am thinking about here is the overall feel and sound/playability compared to the acoustic sets.

So I ask kindly if you seasoned veterans (and everyone else :) ) can give me some pointers (as objective as possible) as to which method offers the most "realistic" feel.

Currently I am leaning towards the drum-tec conversion and the 12" original Alesis mesh pad (to replace the 10" I have currently). Also is anyone 100% sure which foam does the drum-tec conversion kit use? If I decide to go their way I am thinking about just buying the mesh heads and getting the foam elsewhere as that would probably save me some cash which I can use for other stuff :)

Cheers for reading :)

BR

P.S. did I put this in the right forum? o.0
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:57:19 PM by jenko88 »