Author Topic: Routing DM10 to trigger certain notes in Strike  (Read 1569 times)

Routing DM10 to trigger certain notes in Strike
« on: February 09, 2013, 11:56:08 PM »
So, I got a new DM10 studio kit yesterday and I've now hooked my DM10 module up to my Mbox Pro 3 via Midi Cable... And I've got it connected Strike... but I've come to find out the HiHat, Ride and Crash are all locked on the note change in the midi settings on the module. How do I set the kit up properly to play like a real kit with this midi note change locked? Am I just screwed and have to get another plug in? Or is there a way to get this to work with Strike?

Offline vaikl

Re: Routing DM10 to trigger certain notes in Strike
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 05:25:26 AM »
Welcome to our forum!

If you mean "Strike" like the Strike plugin from ProTools, you should keep in mind that this plugin wasn't made for edrum connectivity and thus haven't any MIDI mapping options for hihats or cymbals with more than one MIDI note mapped, as on the DM10.

You could try the hard way and manually map each different MIDI note in ProTools' MIDI editor (hihat's controller value for the foot pedal is CC 4), but I'd recommend to get a more sophisticated drum software like Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums or BFD2 to get a real Drum mapping editor with some templates. Or you could switch over to Cubase and use it's Drum MIDI editor.

Re: Routing DM10 to trigger certain notes in Strike
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »
Welcome to our forum!

If you mean "Strike" like the Strike plugin from ProTools, you should keep in mind that this plugin wasn't made for edrum connectivity and thus haven't any MIDI mapping options for hihats or cymbals with more than one MIDI note mapped, as on the DM10.

You could try the hard way and manually map each different MIDI note in ProTools' MIDI editor (hihat's controller value for the foot pedal is CC 4), but I'd recommend to get a more sophisticated drum software like Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums or BFD2 to get a real Drum mapping editor with some templates. Or you could switch over to Cubase and use it's Drum MIDI editor.

Yeah... I figured I'd just buy a new software. Which do you recommend to be the best plug in to run with the DM10 and just the best software in general? I've messed around with all of them a bit... but... some recommendations would be appreciated.