Author Topic: Problems with Cymbal Sounds on Garageband  (Read 3174 times)

Problems with Cymbal Sounds on Garageband
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »
Hey guys, when I've tried recording from my DM10 to my mac using a USB cable, I'm having a few problems getting the sounds to record properly. My snare, kick, crash, and ride are all working fine, but two of my toms have the exact same sound, and a third tom sounds like a cave block. Also, my second crash cymbal sounds like a cave block as well. This only happens when I record something to Garageband; all of the drum pieces sound normal when I play with my headphones hooked up. If anyone has any advice on how to get what I hear to actually record properly to my mac I'd really appreciate it.

Offline Corvidae

Re: Problems with Cymbal Sounds on Garageband
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »
When you connect the headphones, where are you plugging them in (the module or the Mac)? The sounds you select in the module have _nothing_ to do with the sounds the Mac will generate (since the module is only sending out commands saying what is hit / how hard / etc. and not the actual sound data). You'd need to do one of two things to fix this:

* Go into the GarageBand setup and change the "MIDI map" to tie the right pads to the correct instrument, or
* Change the module's configuration to send out the MIDI notes that GarageBand is expecting.

If you're listening to the drums "live" through the Mac and it's fine, but recording them screws them up, that'd be one I've never heard of before. Either way, let us know what you find.