Author Topic: Roland CY-8 with Alesis Surge  (Read 1744 times)

Roland CY-8 with Alesis Surge
« on: August 03, 2018, 11:04:26 AM »
So I just picked up an Alesis Surge and wanted to add another cymbal for a splash or china option. Will the Roland CY-8 work with this kit? If not, can someone post a link where I can buy a compatible cymbal trigger?

Offline AlanK

Re: Roland CY-8 with Alesis Surge
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 03:26:44 PM »
I've got the DM10X so not positive about the Surge module but I've got a Roland CY-5 as a splash/china on one of my kits and works amazing, and chokes better than the Alesis crashes.

I've bought 12" and 14" Pearl crashes that are the same as the Alesis just with a Pearl name on them, from Long & McQuade (Canadian music store) for about 120 bucks, don't see them online but they work great with the DM10 as well. I do see they've got a ride for 125 CDN (https://www.long-mcquade.com/?page=departments&DepartmentsID=718&FilterCost=6&FilterBrand=6) which isn't that expensive really.. I imagine you could easily use it assigned as a splash or china, if you plug into the proper plug (it's a 3 zone 2 plug setup so you'd only use one of the plugs to get the edge to work)

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong  :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Re: Roland CY-8 with Alesis Surge
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:43:46 PM »
Thank you for your reply Alan!