Author Topic: (Solved) How do I connect my Pro X hi-hat to my Crimson II Mesh  (Read 1432 times)

Hi there.

Looking for a spot of help. (See my later post for the answer)

How do I cable up my Pro X to my Crimson Mesh II?

I have tried all the configs I can think of with the module hi hat lead and also  using 1 and 2 leads in the tom and crash ports.

It sounds.... but is always fully open.

I changed the pedal setting to be the Pro X.

Can someone help me before I end up ebaying it! :)

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 11:55:05 AM by BatcaveHQ »

Re: How do I connect my Pro X hi-hat to my Crimson Ii Mesh
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 09:31:23 AM »
I forgot to say... I have already got an extra crash and tom, so if I need to use those ports to get it to work, then I have made a big mistake with my "upgrade".... :)  :o 8)

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 10:10:38 AM »
Hi there.

Looking for a spot of help.

How do I cable up my Pro X to my Crimson Mesh II?

I have tried all the configs I can think of with the module hi hat lead and also  using 1 and 2 leads in the tom and crash ports.

It sounds.... but is always fully open.

I changed the pedal setting to be the Pro X.

Can someone help me before I end up ebaying it! :)

Thanks.

Drum modules have the Hi Hat Cymbal and Controller Inputs tied together.
If you use other ports the "Hi Hat Combinations" won't work.
If you want separate Hi Hat Sounds for different triggers there are "groups"

Use the Hi Hat cable (usually white) for the Top Cymbal and Hi Hat Controller cable (usually Blue) for the bottom Cymbal/Controller.
Make sure the spring is in place, interconnect cable/bottom cymbal is connected to the controller box and the controller is not sitting on felt.

Scroll thru the voices and you'll see ...HiHat...HH-P (pedal)...HH-S (splash).
There are Hi Hat samples (408-443) in groups of 4 that can be mixed/matched or assigned to other triggers and be saved.
These are independent samples...The Pedal isn't tied to the Cymbals.

"Hi Hat Combinations" (630-643)...are locked to the Hi Hat components..you select one..it is applied to all three to make a functioning/working Hi Hat....The Pedal is tied to the Cymbals.

After checking everything is  properly connected assign a Hi Hat Combination (630-643)

NOTE:
You can't mix samples with the "Hi Hat Combinations" or use Custom/User samples...any other sample added won't save.

https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=8446.msg53872#msg53872

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 10:15:01 AM »
Thanks... :)

I've not got that far yet though... which cables go where?

Do I have to use the crash/tom extra ports to get it to work?

The brain only has one hh lead...

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 11:19:45 AM »
Thanks... :)

I've not got that far yet though... which cables go where?

Do I have to use the crash/tom extra ports to get it to work?

The brain only has one hh lead...

Re-Read my post...all these questions were answered.

ALL Drum modules regardless if independent cables or DB25 harness have a Hi Hat cable (usually White label) for the Cymbal and a Hi Hat Controller cable (usually Blue label) for the Controller which is the lower Cymbal/box of a (2) piece Hi Hat setup or a Pedal.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 04:16:56 PM »
The Crimson II just has one lead for the single hi-hat cymbal. All the other leads are used with other bits of kit that comes as standard.

If someone with a Crimson II could share how they connected it and confirm if the tom/crash extension ports have to be used (or not) that would be appreciated.

I have emailed Alesis support but after 72 hours I've not had a response.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 09:35:11 AM »
I am a former Crimson and Pro-X owner, but this is beside the point. Chaser gave you everything you need.

Perhaps a silly question ... did you buy a hi-hat stand?

You have one 1/4" lead for the hi-hat cymbal and one 1/4" lead for the hi-hat controller (the cable you originally plug into the foot controller, you won't be using that equipment anymore).
Plug the cable marked "hi-hat" into your top cymbal. Plug the cable marked (something like) "hh control" into the bottom cymbal/controller. Now make sure you plug in the 3.5mm cable between top cymbal and controller.

That's it. Never mind the extra tom/cymbal ports on the module. The Pro-X was plug and play for me.
Might need some module adjustments to fit your playing style.
Edit: I guess the Crimson II has a "pro-x" option in the module so switch over to that. Original Crimson didn't have that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:05:01 AM by tmk21315 »
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 01:56:43 AM »
Thanks. Yep I bought a two leg hi-hat stand by Tama.

I'll have another look and implement these instructions and report back.

I appreciate the advice...  this is my first electronic kit and sometimes I get stuck trying to do things that should be simple....

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 11:54:04 AM »
Thanks! Solved it with your help.

I was being (extremely!) dim and didn't appreciate that the blue cable was connected to the foot pedal.

All my other pedals are mechanical and it slipped my mind entirely!

Ok so for other people....

Take the white lead from your existing hi-hat.
Put that in the top Pro X cymbal (going through the small hole in the base)
Take the long lead with the blue label out of your hi-hat foot pedal
Put that in the 1/4 inch socket in the base sensor that sits underneath the lower cymbal
Connect the small lead connected to the base cymbal to the sensor underneath (via the hole)

Thanks for the help (and your patience!)