Author Topic: IOmap for my alesis dm10 mkii pro + Steven slate Drums 5.5  (Read 1972 times)

IOmap for my alesis dm10 mkii pro + Steven slate Drums 5.5
« on: April 02, 2020, 06:02:45 AM »
Hi there,

I just bought the Alesis dm10 mkii pro + Steven Slate Drums 5.5 but I really need somebody to send me an IOmap that is working with the kit. Can somebody help please?

Cheers

Offline Chaser

Re: IOmap for my alesis dm10 mkii pro + Steven slate Drums 5.5
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 03:55:00 PM »
Hi there,

I just bought the Alesis dm10 mkii pro + Steven Slate Drums 5.5 but I really need somebody to send me an IOmap that is working with the kit. Can somebody help please?

Cheers

Spend some time with the manuals..SSD5 is quite simple for building Keymaps (IOmap) compared to others.
You don't even need the module connected unless you are using MIDI learn.
The left column is the Keymap /notes..right click on the number corresponding with the module Keymap..a box will appear to reassign any instrument
to that MIDI note..
You can create maps with multiple Hi Hat settings for open,shank,tip an Xtra rack tom..different cymbals etc..
There is also a MIDI learn option..right column.

You can create multiple Keymaps with the Instruments preset so you don't have to do MIDI reassignments each time you want to construct a new kit.
SSD5 has also the option to import 16 bit & 24 bit 44.1 kHz WAV files.... possibilities are endless..

Attached is 3 custom Keymaps (IOmap) specifically for the DM10 MKII Pro

1)
Alesis DM10 MKII Pro C1 R C2.iom
(Crash Left..Ride..Crash Right)

2)
Alesis DM10 MKII Pro C1 R CH.iom
(Crash Left..Ride..China)

3)
Alesis DM10 MKII Pro C1 R SPL.iom
(Crash Left..Ride..Splash)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:32:21 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 06:04:11 PM »
Thanks a lot! Can't wait to try it out.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 06:20:39 PM »
No problem...the multiple Kemaps (IOMap) are a workaround as the Free version doesn't have instruments you can drag and drop.
If you decide on purchasing the full version then you would use one standard Keymap (IOMap)
and just drag and drop instruments and save as User Kits.

Edit :You can add your own samples to the Free version,you have to use the "reserved" slots then assign to the MIDI note.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:23:14 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 06:26:27 PM »
Perfect. Thanks. I already have bought the full version :-) I tried the IO maps and they work perfectly, except from the Hi-Hat pedal. It actually work 1 out of 10 times!? I've tried to adjust the values on the module, but it doesn't change anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 08:10:08 PM »
Perfect. Thanks. I already have bought the full version :-) I tried the IO maps and they work perfectly, except from the Hi-Hat pedal. It actually work 1 out of 10 times!? I've tried to adjust the values on the module, but it doesn't change anything. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi Hat setup is always a pain...
Everything worked just once in 10 ?..or just open..or closed..or splash..or chik..etc

I don't have the Full version..or an MKII Pro module.
The MKII Pro has more Hi Hat notes than most other kits which basically have 4 notes.. open..closed..chik and splash..the MKII has 6 notes assignable
so you'll have to experiment
Try assigning the Hi Hat 46 to..46 Hi Hat tip CC controllable  and 26 to 26 CC controllable.
If that doesn't work..I would go into  Mapping..bottom left change to CC mode..
It will probably only show the Hi Hat in the right column and all velocity 0-127 in the left.
See if you can assign the different articulations to the notes.There are different levels of open 1-3 and closed etc...should be Fully Closed =127...Full Open = 0.
I believe there are 2 types of Mapping in the Full version...the standard Mapping and Kit Mapping,also an input converter..I haven't any experience with those.