Author Topic: Surge module and song 17  (Read 421 times)

Offline vappicewins

Surge module and song 17
« on: December 17, 2020, 08:48:12 PM »
Loving my new Surge kit, especially with a tweaked kit one and song 17. That song is simply made for tasty attempts at playing, and in a myriad of ways. It has an excellent flow with lots of tension and space. Love it.

Probably been covered before, but is there a way to offload the song samples from the Surge module and run them through EZdrummer2 or other such software please? I love what I've done with kit one, but know that song would really pop with some of my ED2 samples and expansion packs.

Offline Chaser

Re: Surge module and song 17
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 09:33:42 AM »
Loving my new Surge kit, especially with a tweaked kit one and song 17. That song is simply made for tasty attempts at playing, and in a myriad of ways. It has an excellent flow with lots of tension and space. Love it.

Probably been covered before, but is there a way to offload the song samples from the Surge module and run them through EZdrummer2 or other such software please? I love what I've done with kit one, but know that song would really pop with some of my ED2 samples and expansion packs.

The Medeli DD512 modules don't export or import.If you want the audio off the module you'll need to record an audio track from the modules outputs.
Since you are connected and using  EZD2 become familiar with the Song Creator...There is a MIDI window on the bottom , arm the record,hit play.. either play live or the song you saved on the module hit stop when finished...you now have a MIDI file of your performance,right click save as user MIDI...now you can play it back and edit.. change kits..kit pieces etc etc..you can also drag and drop it into a track in a DAW...depends on the host.

Offline vappicewins

Re: Surge module and song 17
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 09:26:50 PM »
Thank you very much Chaser! I downloaded and printed out the Medeli DD512 manual you linked to, thank you for that, as well as your time and patience. Got a lot to learn and looking forward to it. Change of plans on the Behringer audio interface, now getting the MOTU M2 interface as it came in stock and shipped today and Behringer was still on backorder. Looking forward to my journey! May post a clip of the song and my playing it if it sounds good enough to my ears.