Author Topic: double bass pedals  (Read 3101 times)

Offline H3RB

double bass pedals
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »
just wondering what double pedals you guys use if any at all? i just won a big dog double pedal off ebay apparently they play the same as iron cobras has any body used one of these before? can you recommend a good one without going into the £300 mark lol

Offline Guinness

Re: double bass pedals
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 01:13:12 AM »
I can't recommend really, as the last one I bought was the first one I bought... in 1989.  Gilbraltor double chain double kick.  Still works good!   ;D

Offline Pier

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 02:23:25 AM »
I use one of the cheapest from Pearl drums; I think it's called P1002 or similar.
Low price, but dependable: I use it with even with my acoustic kit in various gigs. Well balanced and responsive - lot of regulations everywhere.
Maybe the 'Eliminator' model could be a good choice since they now have some newer models that go in the up-line of price (so the Eliminator can be made cheaper by some dealers - look around in your zone).
Personal tastes again...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:31:26 AM by Pier »

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »
I think it really depends on how you want to play. There is a lot of hype over longboard pedals these days, and while they can be great for utilizing the 'heel toe' method for double bass (there is sickness abound on youtube), unless you play death or speed metal, it's probably overkill. I have a gibraltar double pedal which I only used as a single kick until last night (tee hee), and I realized that I am a much better single kicker than double kicker. At least now I can practice.. ;)
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline H3RB

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 11:11:57 AM »
i have big feet so long board pedals would suit me fine, i do heal toe but i put my heel off the bottom of the pedal but still use the same motion to get the double hits but a long board would be alot easier. in the long run i want to be able to play metal as its my fave style of music but at the min as just a begginger taking lessons i wanted a decent but cheapish pedal